Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best Goalie In The Championship ?

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
I would have put our Tomasz as top of the list a few months ago - but we do seem to be conceding a few goals of late - although I can't think of any ricks he has made.

Bolton goalie was good down here.

But not against Peterborough yesterday, I suppose Peterborough who are bottom posed more of a challenge to the Bolton goalie than your sorry lot did... ;-)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think Kasper Schmeichel is probably the best on his day but is lacking in consistency. Kuzcszak is in the top 3 goalkeepers

I think we have 6 or 7 players who are in the top 3 of their position in the championship unfortunately the others aren't in the top 10 so we have some drop in class between individuals who are championship players and those who would grace the premiership

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
I think Kasper Schmeichel is probably the best on his day but is lacking in consistency. Kuzcszak is in the top 3 goalkeepers

I think we have 6 or 7 players who are in the top 3 of their position in the championship unfortunately the others aren't in the top 10 so we have some drop in class between individuals who are championship players and those who would grace the premiership

We sold the best to Barnsley in the summer::wink:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Who are these 6 or 7 players you talk about, I'll give you Bridcutt .

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Do you?!

We certainly do: Speroni, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Zaha, Bolasie.

Brighton players who would "grace the Premiership"? ??? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bridge, Bruno (when fully fit), Kuszak, Bridcutt, Buckley, Lualua, seems Norwich want CMS, so there are seven without much trouble.

Lua Lua? Is that a joke? He's the third best winger in his family ffs!

How many strikers in this league are better than CMS? Murray, Austin, Rhodes, Becchio, etc.
How many wingers in this league are better than KLL? Zaha, Bolasie, Ince, Phillips, Burke, etc.

Neither of those two qualify for the top 3. CMS is a distinctly average striker at this level. KLL has glass knees and is just as mediocre.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bridge, Bruno (when fully fit), Kuszak, Bridcutt, Buckley, Lualua, seems Norwich want CMS, so there are seven without much trouble.

Bridge and Kuzsczak have dropped down to play regularly, Bruno had his day, not premiership class. Lua lua is a loose cannon and has hardly played for you this year, and CMS gets slaughtered on here on a regular basis. The other two I agree with.

Just a thought, maybe if they were all as good as you say, you'd be nearer the top ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Lua Lua? Is that a joke? He's the third best winger in his family ffs!

How many strikers in this league are better than CMS? Murray, Austin, Rhodes, Becchio, etc.
How many wingers in this league are better than KLL? Zaha, Bolasie, Ince, Phillips, Burke, etc.

Neither of those two qualify for the top 3. CMS is a distinctly average striker at this level. KLL has glass knees and is just as mediocre.

I didn't make myself clear, I was talking playing in the prem not top 3. You tell me Parr is top 3... Do me a favour.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Bridge and Kuzsczak have dropped down to play regularly, Bruno had his day, not premiership class. Lua lua is a loose cannon and has hardly played for you this year, and CMS gets slaughtered on here on a regular basis. The other two I agree with.

Just a thought, maybe if they were all as good as you say, you'd be nearer the top ?

If we had been a bit more clinical finishing, luck, call it what you like, i can call at least four games we should have got max points but only got one. It has been a fine line between a draw and three points. It is only halfway anything can happen.

Also, vicente IF ever fit is easy Premiership quality and as I didn't read the original post properly he would most definitely be top 3. We have too many ifs and buts...so the next half of the season will be interesting.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Who are these 6 or 7 players you talk about, I'll give you Bridcutt .

6 or 7 who are in the top 3 of their positions in the championship:
Kuzcszak, Bruno, Bridge, Buckley, Bridcutt, Vicente, Lualua

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here