Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I need to move somewhere the other side of the Downs... :tantrum:

Snowing most of the morning here, not really adding anything though.
The showers do seem to be heavier than first thing and are more prolonged

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Few flakes floating in the air here in Uckfield at the moment, and the cloud cover that's forming looks like it has some potential. Looking at the radar, appears there's a possible streamer tried to form this morning, but at the moment it looks like it's dying out before it gets here again and we're just going to get what's left of it. So I suspect much as it was in previous days - snow in the air for a few hours, but not enough to leave any decent coverage.

And yet few miles up the road in TN5.....

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Another attempt at a streamer firing up again. This time looks to be on a slightly better line for me here in Uckfield, and also to be pushing further inland. Has just started snowing here again - despite just a couple of hours ago the forecasts suggesting we'd be waiting until 3pm, and even then that it might not amount to much. This one looks to have more potential to it than this morning's effort did.

Anyone in Crowborough? Looks like you'll get a direct hit of the heaviest snowfall. Just hoping that it sinks far enough south to clip Uckfield as well.

Yoda

English & European
The Thames streamer does look to have pepped up a bit and trying to throw stuff our way in the last couple of hours
Annotation 2021-02-10 132124.png

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Looking like a decent snow event for parts of Sussex this afternoon if it holds together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I need to move somewhere the other side of the Downs... :tantrum:

Yep, been snowing on and off in Findon for the past two hours. Now a little heavier, but still not massive on the flumpage scale.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Looks to me like it's been slowly sinking southwards over time, as well. Need it to keep doing that, as at the moment the bulk of it is still passing to my north.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Dandruff, South Lancing / Shoreham boundary.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Definitely getting heavier here, but not really settling yet. Slightly too warm outside, I think ... would you believe it. Max temps of -1 or 0 last couple of days, finally start to get a bit heavier snow and it's got up to the dizzy heights of 1. Watching it land on the top of my car and promptly melt at the moment :(.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep, been snowing on and off in Findon for the past two hours. Now a little heavier, but still not massive on the flumpage scale.

Stopped almost as soon as I posted this :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd say the radar is looking good for Brighton later this afternoon, not so good for Worthing area though. Seems to be edging a bit further South.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say the radar is looking good for Brighton later this afternoon, not so good for Worthing area though. Seems to be edging a bit further South.

What I was worried about seems to have occurred. The southwards shift of the showers wasn't an adjustment of the direction of the stream, more the whole line of showers detached and moved south. Therefore, once this has passed (and it's already stopped here) Worthing will be out of the snow band. I'd expect it to be mainly an E Sussex / Kent event later.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
What I was worried about seems to have occurred. The southwards shift of the showers wasn't an adjustment of the direction of the stream, more the whole line of showers detached and moved south. Therefore, once this has passed (and it's already stopped here) Worthing will be out of the snow band. I'd expect it to be mainly an E Sussex / Kent event later.

Looking at the radar, I think I want it to stop shifting south at this point - otherwise might have the bulk of it pass to my south later on. Got some nice looking heavier patches on approach at the moment, but I've got my eye on the much larger patch currently passing north of Ashford and then what's following that over at Margate currently. Suspect Uckfield will get whatever's left of Ashford band, but the Margate patch may miss to the south.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Suspect Uckfield will get whatever's left of Ashford band, but the Margate patch may miss to the south.

Didn't even get the Ashford bit. Sank south, and the patch that had been at Margate is headed for Hastings. Sun's out here now, what little had settled in the grass is rapidly melting away again.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't even get the Ashford bit. Sank south, and the patch that had been at Margate is headed for Hastings. Sun's out here now, what little had settled in the grass is rapidly melting away again.

Yes, as I suspected. Sh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here