[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Been snowing since dawn here in Willingdon, just north of Eastbourne and has been pretty heavy last couple of hours

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We're pretty much all (Sussex) under a spell of moderate snow now. Could pep up into a streamer, but that will mean some get almost nothing later.

snow now.JPG

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
This is the most important time of the year to get your chimney cleaned out. Now. Not tomorrow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're pretty much all (Sussex) under a spell of moderate snow now. Could pep up into a streamer, but that will mean some get almost nothing later.

View attachment 133580

Nice steady flumping in BN9 at present,and laying on top of the dusting we got overnight.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Getting pretty much the same as yesterday here in Uckfield at the moment. Constant snow in the air, but no where near enough to generate any sort of decent coverage on the ground. My lawn is a patchwork of green and white, no where near enough on the ground to get a 5 year old out to really enjoy it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pretty consistent snow all afternoon in Findon, which is laying on the overnight dusting but no where else. Not earth shattering but nice to watch it fall.

Yoda

English & European

I do hope so, I've been left largely unimpressed by the streamer so far with this current set up. It's flowing in the right direction but has so far never gotten going. :down:

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
On the BBC weather app they are showing a cloud symbol with two snow flakes within it, indicating heavy snow over a 6hr period - although the precipitation is only 14%. What does this mean? 14% chance of heavy snow?

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the BBC weather app they are showing a cloud symbol with two snow flakes within it, indicating heavy snow over a 6hr period - although the precipitation is only 14%. What does this mean? 14% chance of heavy snow?

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

The apps, BBC weather forecast and met office website are all different currently...........absolutely useless if you want to know what’s going to happen. Best to stick to the radar and looking out of the window. Showers could pop up anywhere (or nowhere).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be fair to the forecasters, showers are nearly impossible to forecast in easterly winds. I think they’ll be a similar dusting tomorrow, nothing too substantial.

Will certainly spice up my daily jog at PP velodrome :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
bbc now saying heavy snow in Worthing tomorrow afternoon. Few hours ago it was saying dry and cold.

Could be interesting, meant to arrive 9 ish on top of a -3 overnight..... trouble is, I think its unlikely. the % chance of rain ( Snow in this case ) is a max of 16%..... so, don't get your hopes up

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could be interesting, meant to arrive 9 ish on top of a -3 overnight..... trouble is, I think its unlikely. the % chance of rain ( Snow in this case ) is a max of 16%..... so, don't get your hopes up

Nothing on the Met Office site suggesting snow in Worthing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing on the Met Office site suggesting snow in Worthing
Gone now, forecast completely changed! When I posted the Met Office prediction for here indicated 2 snowflakes for the hours 9 am- 4 pm...... Maybe it is literally 2 snowflakes per hour now ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks like that is it for this week now. Any news on the longer term potential of another cold spell which I think some were predicting later in February?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think that is our winter. -1C max yesterday 0C today and rising to 3C by Saturday and then milder. 1/2 inch of snow in Lancing which was nice but considering it snowed on and off for 12 hours, disappointing. Still, at least we had some snow so that is good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports