Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just been out with the kids in the Arctic wilderness that it's Durrington. Amazing out there

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
seafront.jpg

Seafront about half hour ago (From the argus)

Ditchling Road at the top of Upper Hollingdean and down towards town is apparently impassable!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
South Road still gridlocked in HH. Traffic moving about 1 metre a minute.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
About half a foot on Hove seafront. A23 and A27 screwed, no buses, massive delays on trains. Going to be fun in the morning...

Chaos everywhere I could see, jammed up and traveled at a snails pace from Rustington this evening. There really isn't much snow falling but ALL roads seem un-gritted and as such even the inch that has settled is causing chaos. BBC Radio Sussex went from saying there were " Major Problems" to " Outright Disaster " in the course of 3 travel updates. It seems that there is virtually no movement up and down the A23/A24 and the A259 coast road is barely moving. Chalky road at a standstill up to Mile Oak too.

Expect some tough questions for West and East Sussex county councils in the morning..

ESCC Twitter feed is reporting regular gritting on main routes.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Stuck on train just north of the Heath. All the trains are creeping along. Never seen so many sparks coming from the electric pickup shoes. Like watching an arc welder.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
just got to my flat near h.heath station after leaving at 4.45pm from shoreham - most of that time spent in cuckfield. eventually dumped my car in a spot near the 1 way system by the station, woudlnt recommend trying to go there or sainsburys, cars cant get up the roundabout

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Abandoned my car bot of Elm Grove, it's insane out there. No way is there grit on these roads.
PS anyone else notice the times of these posts an hour out? Is it the snow? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here