Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolute WHITEOUT now in Southwick again.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Bonkers conditions out there. Do not attempt to drive unless you are in a 4x4 or snow tyres. loads of people are stranded all over the place and crashes everywhere.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

My snow tyres got me through 2 foot drifts on the Beachy Head road coming back from Eastbourne to Brighton only to be told that the a259 was shut after I'd got onto it. It was in much better shape than the road I'd just negotiated.

Had to drive back down into Eastbourne and join the back of a very long queue.

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
inside station.jpg

INSIDE Brighton Station

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
took us 3 hours to get back from work...Crowborough to Brighton....one hour of that was stuck outside the Amex! (there are worse places to be stuck)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All of the last few posts make me very glad that I got the f*ck out of Dodge (well Sullington) around lunchtime.

I drove through a few whiteouts on the M1 but bizarrely no snow whatsoever up here in Derby but going to be -5C tonight and the wind chill will apparently make it feel like -10C. Thankfully where I will be working is about a mile from my Hotel (and also about 400 yards from Pride Park)

Must be one of the very few times that I'm glad that I am Oop North and not in Sussex!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Two and a half hours from the top of the M23 to Pease Pottage. Currently in the services but can't leave because cars have blocked the exit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
in worthing and doesn't seem like there's been much today at all

just lots of fine flakes all afternoon and barely a cm

was hoping for something a lot better

It's fine because it's so cold (the flakes aren't wet, so they don't combine), and the reason there's little depth to be seen it's because the dry snow is blowing about and forming drifts. We found places with up to a foot of snow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ESCC Twitter feed is reporting regular gritting on main routes.
Well, I must admit that I have not been to East Sussex today so I can only judge by what I have seen in West Sussex and heard about what has happened in east Sussex.

However, light snow had been falling in Rustington where I worked for the day, sometimes it got heavier then it would get lighter again. Snow was settling lightly upon cars and walls but instant melt as it hit the road. It picked up a bit about 4 ish and ever so slowly started to settle. By the time I left, side roads had about an inch of settled snow, I eased along towards the A259 roundabout at Rustington by the golf course knowing that there would be zilch on there due to the heavy traffic and gritting.

Imagine my surprise to find the road gridlocked East bound with cars barely moving because of a thin film of snow ?

No, someone cocked up, we were all awake and the forecasts showed the snow coming and the roads were moving well, that was the time to get the gritters out, about 12 am.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Abandoned my car bot of Elm Grove, it's insane out there. No way is there grit on these roads.
PS anyone else notice the times of these posts an hour out? Is it the snow? ???

Crawled down Elm Grove about 5:45. Pretty hairy. My bloody stupid toy car then decided to spin around just passed Grand Avenue on Kingsway. Ended up facing the wrong way on the pavement. Had to leave it there. No doubt there will be a ticket on it when I can pick it up. Certainly no sign of any grit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here