Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Smattering of the white stuff in London town.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Preston Park Station earlier today
IMG-20221211-WA0010.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
People in my work group chat have already started posting school/college closures.
Uckfield college is closed tomorrow, couldn't see what the other one was.
Is it really that treacherous out there? I've only been driving a few months so I'm not sure what to expect in the morning. Should I be worried about driving in it?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
People in my work group chat have already started posting school/college closures.
Is it really that treacherous out there? I've only been driving a few months so I'm not sure what to expect in the morning. Should I be worried about driving in it?
Really!? Sounds ridiculous to me - a few hours of snow and none forecast overnight?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Really!? Sounds ridiculous to me - a few hours of snow and none forecast overnight?
Honestly, I didn't think it looked that bad out there but teachers are apparently shitting themselves.
I checked out the forecast and it looks bloody cold but no more snow.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Honestly, I didn't think it looked that bad out there but teachers are apparently shitting themselves.
I checked out the forecast and it looks bloody cold but no more snow.
There will be many people, deemed to be doing less important jobs than teachers, that will make their way to work tomorrow without all the exaggerated trauma

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It depends where you are going from and to. You wouldn't want to drive down my road as it's a concrete surface and is like an ice rink but 5 min walk down the road is just slush. Lots of cars got stuck down the road earlier as a couple were 'over cautious' and drove too slowly to gain traction. That led to about 10 cars being stuck & one accident. That doesn't mean put your foot down and floor it though!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Main Roads over Ashdown Forest were chaotic Yesterday afternoon/evening
cars stranded or abandoned
That's what prompted the early school closures

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems to be far more snow across central and eastern East Sussex. no gritters had been out in advance, was there no forecast of snow? think they got caught out so the roads have a thin layer of packed snow after being driven on, was quite nasty last night.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nuisance snow here of the worse type, just enough to melt refreeze and make everything lethal on the roads and payments. It will now stick around on week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here