[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Drive to work from Brighton to hurstpierpoint was fine until I hit the country lanes where I work. Traction control was working overtime on the slightest incline, back end was a bit twitchy (cars, not mine)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
-7 here the past few nights and -3 during the day yesterday. Schools closed, trains disrupted and some nasty crashes because of very icy conditions. Snow is a lot of fun in urban areas, not so much in rural areas although very pretty!
DF3875DC-4E30-4D1C-8FAA-45E899E4585D.jpeg

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It's trying here in Uckfield again today. Couple of very light flurries about an hour ago, there's currently the finest of fine something falling (fine enough that struggle to see it). That's the fun with snow, isn't it - can be very difficult to forecast exactly where and when it's going to fall when we've got conditions like currently.

seems to be far more snow across central and eastern East Sussex. no gritters had been out in advance, was there no forecast of snow? think they got caught out so the roads have a thin layer of packed snow after being driven on, was quite nasty last night.
Can confirm that the gritters had not been out in Uckfield at all. Despite the yellow alert and forecasts of sub-zero temps over night (and confirmed sub-zero temps previous nights).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Next Sundays forecast locally to me is just like old times, as in last month and last few years

Attachments

• AE851D25-6275-478B-874E-58A21CD359D9.png
    AE851D25-6275-478B-874E-58A21CD359D9.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 53

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To be fair that basically is all of the garden or as we call them in London, somewhere they haven't built on yet.
Screenshot_20221212_191854.jpg

We're still waiting for the inevitable land grab by the turds at HS2.
Our allotment site borders on one of their many dig sites, and they've been expanding, looking for somewhere to dump all of the earth they've dug up.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The raised beds, that's why they're small.
Not worth having too high, as it means humping more earth.
Then surely they're not really raised are they? They're just bordered?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports