Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lots of reports on various Facebook groups of cars being stuck around B Hill and H Heath - ungritted roads, cars unable to get up icy hills etc. Several minor accidents.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lots of reports on various Facebook groups of cars being stuck around B Hill and H Heath - ungritted roads, cars unable to get up icy hills etc. Several minor accidents.
Gritter was up and down penland rd (HH) yesterday but at least one car was stuck at the bottom of the hill. My close is like an ice rink but penland rd appears drivable.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Was just about to ask whether it is worth trying to drive into Burgess Hill this morning with all the hills there.

Guess not and I should write off a days pay and head to Worthing instead ? Will decide at about 9:30ish.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Was just about to ask whether it is worth trying to drive into Burgess Hill this morning with all the hills there.

Guess not and I should write off a days pay and head to Worthing instead ? Will decide at about 9:30ish.
A neighbour has been trying, and failing, to get his car out of our hilly side road for about an hour now. I'm not sure how the main roads are looking.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A neighbour has been trying, and failing, to get his car out of our hilly side road for about an hour now. I'm not sure how the main roads are looking.
Thanks. I've got a little slope to get up in Tunbridge Wells before I get anywhere. The weather app says the sun will sneak out a bit later - just praying I can get out of TW as I believe every mile west gets a bit better. Will recce my route through TW on foot first.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

General view seems to be that main roads are ok as they’ve been gritted…….sorry for misleading, seems most of the issues with cars being stuck were from last night. If you’re on facebook the group ‘mid sussex travel updates’ has a fair amount of info

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nothing in Lancing and no snow this week. Back to mild and wet next week for Christmas day

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
-9.4 here in North Wales overnight, it's hovering at a toasty -8.3 right now, our 3 mile lane was last gritted in 2018, just about okay in the our pickup but not much fun when you turn the wheel and you carry on straight!. Somehow got to take some water down to the neighbours cos their supply, is frozen, again. Twonks.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Has light but consistent snow here in Thames Ditton yesterday evening. Absolutely fantastic. Added to the atmosphere yesterday taking my little one to see Santa.

Just wish we would keep this weather until after new year. Christmas would be so much better for me with Snow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On a personal (maybe selfish note) note glad to see it disappearing locally as I’ve a busy pruning week.

Sad to see a potential tragedy in Solihull with children slipping into freezing water…. playing as children do on a partially frozen lake …may the four in hospital make a full recovery and reports of two missing prove unfounded

Edit …sadly three young boys aged 8,10 and 11 have died …awful

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still a lot lying in the higher reaches of BN1

snow1.jpg

snow3.jpg

Don't think I'll be going out today ???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Might know we have an electrician in to install a Car Charger for my Hybrid and we have to manhandle my Honda out of the Garage onto a frozen Drive.

Kept it upright somehow, but it isn't moving again until we have a thaw... :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here