Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Assault on Jenni Hermoso

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is very common. It often doesn’t get reported because of the power imbalance and because of the excuses offered by posters on this thread.
That’s why there is an advertisement on tv, asking men to say something to their mates, when they cat call or egg each other on about a girl walking past.

Women have had to put up with it, from the age of puberty, throughout their lives.
I‘m glad I’m old now.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
It is important to remember that this assault on Jenni Hermoso occurred after several years of ongoing disputes between the RFEF and the Spanish women's team - and Hermoso, Paredes and Putellas are the only three squad members who have been to the fore in all these disputes - including the strike to force the removal of the serial abuser Ignacio Quereda as NWT coach. As I pointed out in the OP - Paredes is from the Basque country, Putellas is from Catalunya - there is no way that Rubiales would have assaulted either for these two players because of the regional conflicts within Spain and the emotions it would whip up. But Hermoso is from Madrid - she should have known her place and she should not have dared to question the self-entitled racist and misogynist leadership of the RFEF.

In my view the assault was a conscious act by Rubiales - a message to Hermoso that 'I am the boss and I can do what I want' - if you cause trouble I will remove your teammates from the squad (12 of Las 15 were not selected for the WC) - if you dare question my authority I will show you who is in charge. As someone mentioned - this assault was about power and control - as are all acts of sexual violence. Hopefully, under the avalanche of support for Hermoso and of criticism for Rubiales, his power will dissipate into the ether in the next day or two.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is important to remember that this assault on Jenni Hermoso occurred after several years of ongoing disputes between the RFEF and the Spanish women's team - and Hermoso, Paredes and Putellas are the only three squad members who have been to the fore in all these disputes - including the strike to force the removal of the serial abuser Ignacio Quereda as NWT coach. As I pointed out in the OP - Paredes is from the Basque country, Putellas is from Catalunya - there is no way that Rubiales would have assaulted either for these two players because of the regional conflicts within Spain and the emotions it would whip up. But Hermoso is from Madrid - she should have known her place and she should not have dared to question the self-entitled racist and misogynist leadership of the RFEF.

In my view the assault was a conscious act by Rubiales - a message to Hermoso that 'I am the boss and I can do what I want' - if you cause trouble I will remove your teammates from the squad (12 of Las 15 were not selected for the WC) - if you dare question my authority I will show you who is in charge. As someone mentioned - this assault was about power and control - as are all acts of sexual violence. Hopefully, under the avalanche of support for Hermoso and of criticism for Rubiales, his power will dissipate into the ether in the next day or two.
Yep, this. He 100% knew what he was doing.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's mad to me that at what should be a time of celebration for Spain one utter stain of a man has made it all about him. And then doubled down on it. And then tripled down on his doubling down.

A colossal ego, wrapped in the skin of an abuser. A dangerous combination.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m guessing some see it as yet another attack on straight men by the left/wokery.

Which is crap in this case. Just decent people calling out an entitled pervert.
Late to this conversation but agree. He comes across as creepie, and entitled.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did she assault him by lifting him off his feet?
Looks like she enjoyed it at the time although I'm sure now there's been such social media condemnation she might have said otherwise.
Didn't he kiss a few of the other women too?
On the cheek but I guess that's acceptable?

What a f***ing sorry drippy mess this pathetic social media driven world has become.
I'm getting on a bit now and I hate to think what utter bollox my grandkids are going to have to put up with. Luckily I don't have too much of it left to endure. Yeah I know, but you just cant get away from this shite, it feels like it pervades absolutely every facet of life.

I don't watch TOWIE because I don't have to.
I don't watch Love Island because I don't have to.
But this is shit you just can't get away from. It's everywhere.

Down with this sort of thing.
We are all getting on a bit, don't use that to excuse your views.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Did she assault him by lifting him off his feet?
Looks like she enjoyed it at the time although I'm sure now there's been such social media condemnation she might have said otherwise.
Didn't he kiss a few of the other women too?
On the cheek but I guess that's acceptable?

What a f***ing sorry drippy mess this pathetic social media driven world has become.
I'm getting on a bit now and I hate to think what utter bollox my grandkids are going to have to put up with. Luckily I don't have too much of it left to endure. Yeah I know, but you just cant get away from this shite, it feels like it pervades absolutely every facet of life.

I don't watch TOWIE because I don't have to.
I don't watch Love Island because I don't have to.
But this is shit you just can't get away from. It's everywhere.

Down with this sort of thing.
What do you mean by “getting on a bit”?
I’m 70 and I thought it inappropriate when I saw the kiss happening live.
All the stuff coming out and the support she/they are getting surely indicate this is much, much more than social media driven.
Do yourself a favour and stop digging.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you mean by “getting on a bit”?
I’m 70 and I thought it inappropriate when I saw the kiss happening live.
All the stuff coming out and the support she/they are getting surely indicate this is much, much more than social media driven.
Do yourself a favour and stop digging.
I’m 55. I have never got this “different generation” argument. Surely people get more aware with age, experience and life?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m 55. I have never got this “different generation” argument. Surely people get more aware with age, experience and life?
One would have thought so, but………
Mrs DiS and her sister-in-law were having a conversation about the nice ladies at their respective golf clubs yesterday evening - nice until the conversation turns to politics, Brexit or whatever, when all the Daily Mail influence comes out.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well I am a woman, I’ve had experience of being touched in an unwanted way (to a minor degree)

The problem I have with most of these discussions is that it is all based around women reacting in the ‘right way’, so pushing him off or looking unhappy. There are actually a lot of things that affect that, in this case, the world is watching what’s happening, he’s in a position of power. It’s easy from a detached point of view to say it doesn't matter and she could have done something but when you are full of adrenaline and have conflicting thoughts between should I react and get in trouble or should I just leave it, it’s easy to go with the least conflict option.

The problem doesn’t happen if he just behaves properly and controls himself. Unless you think the person wants to kiss you on the lips (typically a sexual act), don’t kiss them. Cheek kisses are a bit different, they are typically non-sexual greeting type kisses, we all know that to be a different kind of interaction.

Now this guy has probably ruined the memory of the final, winning and receiving the cup for Hermoso. It’s not certain she’ll win it again, and just because he wanted a kiss.
I find myself wondering what would have happened if she had slapped him.
maybe she wanted to but was conscious of being on a world stage.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I wondered that too. I said to Mrs HS she should have … but she showed restraint … something he was clearly incapable of! The way he held her head to control her … he’s a disgusting individual. He needs to be gone and dealt with!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The focus would have been moved from the non-consented kiss to her 'assault' on him. So IMHO opinion she did well not to slap him. Look at what happened when Will Smith took an action after the awards host poked fun at his wife's condition.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
One would have thought so, but………
Mrs DiS and her sister-in-law were having a conversation about the nice ladies at their respective golf clubs yesterday evening - nice until the conversation turns to politics, Brexit or whatever, when all the Daily Mail influence comes out.
You’re surprised by the views of people who are members of golf clubs ? Not exactly a cross section of the community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here