Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Assault on Jenni Hermoso

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No it wasn't. But if you don't want to answer then I understand.

ESPN:
Hermoso downplayed Rubiales' behaviour earlier on Monday, saying the kiss was "no big deal" and blaming "the emotion of the moment."

"It was a mutual, totally spontaneous gesture because of the huge joy of winning a World Cup," she said in a statement to news agency EFE. "The 'presi' and I have a great relationship. ... It was a natural gesture of affection and gratitude."

She's obviously changed her mind.
I didn’t realise you’d asked a question?

Edit. Ah would I consider it sexual assault? Yes.
Would I want them sacked for it?
Probably not.

I have taken up an issue with HR before though with a person who “gave out hugs” every time they came into the office.
They had a particularly annoying habit of coming up behind me and hugging me. I told them several times to quit it.
Then they did it with an added kiss to the back of the neck.
Yes. I reported them.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Now here's the thing.
I expect there are many more like me who are fed up with this nonsense at every opportunity than there are like you.
However, my side (if you like) mainly keep quiet as we're exasperated so often with the utter tripe that comes from those supposedly in step with the world.
I knew when I first posted exactly what the few posters on here would come out and say but thought It would give me something to do for a few hours whilst sitting here at work.

You're in step with some on social media.
Not in step with the majority who just can't be arsed any more.

"Your side" do not "mainly keep quiet". There are lots of shouty older men ranting in newspapers, on Twitter, on TV, on the radio, and on stage at the Spanish FA.

Quite why you feel the need to defend the right of men to overstep boundaries I don't know.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now here's the thing.
I expect there are many more like me who are fed up with this nonsense at every opportunity than there are like you.
However, my side (if you like) mainly keep quiet as we're exasperated so often with the utter tripe that comes from those supposedly in step with the world.
I knew when I first posted exactly what the few posters on here would come out and say but thought It would give me something to do for a few hours whilst sitting here at work.

You're in step with some on social media.
Not in step with the majority who just can't be arsed any more.
Agreed..oh and before Tubthumper says anything I don’t need my head to wobble.

Now back to watching footie while the ‘court’ sits

Oh and apparently I’m a ‘shouty older man’ lol

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
An individual sets the boundaries when it comes to their own body.

I simply don’t understand the argument against that? 🤷‍♂️

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Forever females of all ages have been touched and worse by entitled perverts. It's not just people in power at work, my 17 year old daughter was assaulted in broad daylight on a Brighton bus last year by an old bastard, she still won't discuss it properly.

At last, open societies across the world are tackling this and fighting back, females have the support of males with a conscience and a heart.

Dickheads deliberately muddying the waters with their Culture Wars, are a hindrance to victims.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are there any women on here who could offer their take on this? Their views would be far more relevant.

It's all a bit shouty male ego rants at the moment, with what appears to be a lot of victim blaming.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I happen to agree that the media stirs things up.

I also haven to think they have a point in this case.

Sorry to mention my work again but it is relevant here. If some people could come on a VAWG (violence against women and girls) patrol with me in the city centre on a Friday and Saturday night and see the gene deep entitlement some men have towards women and their bodies, you’d be shocked. Even if you think you know it’s terrible, you’d be shocked at the sheer volume of cases we deal with hour in, hour out. High profile cases are important to highlight this.

To defend it on any level just baffles me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are there any women on here who could offer their take on this? Their views would be far more relevant.

It's all a bit shouty male ego rants at the moment, with what appears to be a lot of victim blaming.
The views ofthe woman in question were posted a short while ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Personally I think he got a bit over excited by the women's win, the same way my cat gets a bit over excited when he's cleaning his bits.

The difference being that he is President of the Spanish Football body with a lot of power and influence, and my cat is a cat.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The views ofthe woman in question were posted a short while ago.
I meant women on NSc, but I take the point.

People (especially men) should keep their hands (and other body parts) to themselves.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Try the post (726) from @Me and my Monkey discussed yesterday in the WWC thread which was linked to in post 4.

Here it is:

Man of power kisses woman. Woman says she doesn't like it. Man says something along the lines of "well, you enjoyed it too, babe" or "well, you were clearly asking for it, darlin'". Man's male mates back him up, point at woman and accuse her of being a liar, hysterical etc. It's been going on for thousands of years. Such a shame that the achievements of these magnificent young women has been thoroughly tarnished by this sordid and disturbing sideshow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally I think he got a bit over excited by the women's win, the same way my cat gets a bit over excited when he's cleaning his bits.

The difference being that he is President of the Spanish Football body with a lot of power and influence, and my cat is a cat.
That’s nicely put and I agree …given his power and influence do you think she should have lifted him in the air in her obvious moment of excitement

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My daughters are adults and woe betide anyone who thinks they might ever take advantage of them.
They have their own minds and wouldn't need a tidal wave of social media fauxtrage to sort things out.
What's that you say, I'm lucky they are so strong. Well yes I am. If you ever met them you'd see that.
And I do appreciate all aren't.
But let's be honest here, this has been lovingly instigated by an inflammatory media who need bad guy stories.

And people can't see that and just lap it up each and every day.
I give up on this particular conversation because you are now minimizing my experience and claiming my view is determined by the media. I suggest you know very little about this subject.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That’s nicely put and I agree …given his power and influence do you think she should have lifted him in the air in her obvious moment of excitement
I don't think victim blaming is appropriate here.

What did you expect her to do - give him a "thank you blow job"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here