Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aussies have 8 wickets in hand, lead of 259, and they’re playing like they’re batting to save a match. It’s almost like they’re taking a notion of anti-Bazball too far. They can have a go here, really humiliate England in the field and give themselves 4.5 sessions to bowl us out.

Decent shot by Khawaja as I type…

FFS Bairstow looked like Peter Shilton then trying to stop that deflected shot off Paul Parker in the 1990 WC semi final.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well, this is going swimmingly.

Robinson bowling 77mph bouncers 😭 Root bowled one nearly as fast the other day.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Aussies have 8 wickets in hand, lead of 259, and they’re playing like they’re batting to save a match. It’s almost like they’re taking a notion of anti-Bazball too far. They can have a go here, really humiliate England in the field and give themselves 4.5 sessions to bowl us out.
The best side in the world absolutely ripping us a new one, I think they MIGHT know what they're doing.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Currently 271/2 in a one innings match that has about 130 overs left. Stuffed, humped, shafted, outthought, outplayed, humiliated.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It seems on this pitch the faster you bowl the more movement you get, Anderson/Broad/Robinson have offered practically nothing, Tongue gets a bit of movement.

It’s one of them pitches where if England weren’t silly, a draw would be looking very likely right now but I can’t see us having the game management to think alright we aren’t going to get 500 in 100 overs, let’s just play this out on a dead pitch.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sir Alistair has effectively called this 2-0 to Australia in the next 48 hours...its inevitability is quite sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here