Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
A letter to the editor in the sport section of The Sunday Times today:

For the Ashes, Sky Sports have enlisted seven excellent commentators - and Kevin Pietersen. He was a superb batsman but as a commentator he hasn't a clue. High speed, repetitive verbiage, stating the bleeding obvious, is no substitute for meaningfulness analysis. The only way I can watch the cricket and preserve my sanity when he is on is to mute the sound.

Bill Daly, Glasgow.
I absolutely agree with that. Every time KP is on commentary it drives me mad. He loves the sound of his own voice so much he just can't shut up.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Great riposte Ben!

Funny thing about their reaction, I don't think anyone is whingeing about the result, we just think you're a bunch of c****s for what you did.
Funny thing is I’ve seen more whinging from Aussies about the English than I have from England supporters regarding the stumping.
Strange lot really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
In all seriousness, Bairstow’s return with the bat hasn’t been stellar
Without making any claims for how many he might have gone on to score, I thought he looked in good order on Sunday.
And he did score a run a ball 78 in the first innings at Edgbaston.
Ignoring that last innings, he's averaging 38 in the series so far, which is fine, if not pulling up any trees.
I think we'd probably be better off if we had picked Foakes, assuming he kept to his normal standards.
Of course if we had then both matches would have gone completely differently, so we might have run out comfortable winners or we might have found different ridiculous ways to lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here