The annual "Why don't we have a Straight Pride?" thread?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would probably prefer Gay Humility.

Don't marches like this just encourage a group mentality? Doesn't it just emphasize difference? Aren't we hoping to eventually live in a world which doesn't put people into groups and label them? Does something like this really help us to achieve that?

Honest question.

It's not Gay Pride. It's Pride. For all people to be proud of their sexuality and themselves. And it's certainly not a march, it's a parade.
I don't attend because I hate crowds, organised fun and people in their grundy's dancing up to me when I've popped out for a pint of milk and calling me a party pooper cos I'm not off my mittens on Mandy.
However, it's 48 hours out of an entire year in the UK's most permissive city, those that want to, crack on.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Don't marches like this just encourage a group mentality? Doesn't it just emphasize difference? Aren't we hoping to eventually live in a world which doesn't put people into groups and label them? Does something like this really help us to achieve that?

Honest question.

It's not a divisive march exclusively for one group of people though. It's an open and inclusive parade/party/celebration.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Honest question.

I don't think it emphasises difference; it promotes inclusion.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Won't be going this year , was trying to trim my nasal hair with a zippo and my tash got involved , have fun everyone .

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's not Gay Pride. It's Pride. For all people to be proud of their sexuality and themselves. And it's certainly not a march, it's a parade.
I don't attend because I hate crowds, organised fun and people in their grundy's dancing up to me when I've popped out for a pint of milk and calling me a party pooper cos I'm not off my mittens on Mandy.
However, it's 48 hours out of an entire year in the UK's most permissive city, those that want to, crack on.

Spot on. First year I haven't done it in 20 this year and it did end up inconveniencing me to a massive degree in what I actually needed to do. However, you have to be a sad, miserable, bah humbug to think anything other than 'crack on.'

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Chief Superintendent Nev Kemp, Brighton and Hove divisional commander for Sussex Police said in a statement:"The overwhelming majority of people who have come to Pride have been brilliant but officers have made a number of arrests today for a variety of offences, which can be expected at such a large event"

25 arrests for the usual stuff.

If that happened at an Albion match a small handful of NSC Pride detractors would call it a badge of honour....

Only 25 arrests because the cell block was full and officers were being told not to make any more! A more suitable figure would be to tell us how many criminal offences were recorded. It will be a lot more than 25 I can assure you.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Great post.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I dont really know what to make of Pride, other than it was originally an "in your face" American style of politics foisted on reserved Brits who are to polite to complain here, or you would get your face bashed in in Russia, a less polite place to live.

I see it as issues past, issues future is how it deals with the more sensitive immigrant communities and i think they will regret letting the trannies in under the barbed wire.

But I'm reluctant to object to parties on principle.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only 25 arrests because the cell block was full and officers were being told not to make any more!

Do tell us where you obtained this snippet of information from.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In answer to the thrust of the thread title 'Why don't we have a Straight Pride?', may I suggest looking under the thread title 'Why don't we have 'Music Of White Origin' awards?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
good for you knowing the difference

ket is b class

what a joke that is, should be nailed on A

K holes B class hhahahah

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports