The annual "Why don't we have a Straight Pride?" thread?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
you're just a small percentage hoodwinked into thinking hey isn't this cool , GO AND ENJOY YOURSELF, most people couldn't give a monkeys............. REALLY THEY COULDN'T :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Well, if folk enjoy it, and most others don't give a monkeys, then we don't have a problem :thumbsup:

I'll have a splendid evening outside and you have a splendid evening doing whatever it is that you do give a monkeys about.

Everyone a winner.

That's cool.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Straight parties have happened since time began,i had one 2 weeks ago with the birth of my 2nd daughter.....she could be a Lesbian one day and i would still love her.....i do however have an issue with parties too large for the area,perhaps 200000 people in Brighton is getting a bit much?

Straight parties have happened since time began,i had one 2 weeks ago with the birth of my 2nd daughter.....she could be a Lesbian one day and i would still love her.....i do however have an issue with parties too large for the area,perhaps 200000 people in Brighton is getting a bit much?

A few fights today,attracting London gangsters:moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any decent "feral alcohol and drug fuelled excess" going on?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Pride is a dream for all class A dealers in the South East.

The amount of E's consumed, Coke sniffed, ketamine keyed is outrageous.

100's of thousands of pounds profit for the dealers.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It is messy (Jimmy Street at 1am looked like a bomb site) but the clear up operation, which Pride pay a hefty fee for, is ruthlessly efficient these days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suppose we will find out any arrests and what they are for tomorrow/Monday,not pleasant to hear.

Chief Superintendent Nev Kemp, Brighton and Hove divisional commander for Sussex Police said in a statement:"The overwhelming majority of people who have come to Pride have been brilliant but officers have made a number of arrests today for a variety of offences, which can be expected at such a large event"

25 arrests for the usual stuff.

If that happened at an Albion match a small handful of NSC Pride detractors would call it a badge of honour....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just looked at the Pride pictures on the Arsegas website.
Looks like a lot of people had a good time, only 25 arrests.
Considering there were around 200, 000 people there, so they say, that's good.
Still get glazed eyes when I see some familiar landmarks.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This is the sad reality. Brighton's wonderful diverse population don't do this for 51 weeks of the year. They just live their lives like everyone else . Then in August thousands desend to try and shock and offend us. With idea that their behaviour will convince us that gay and transgender people should be allowed equality. When in Brighton it happens 365/6 days of the year without a second thought.

Brighton Pride is an event held in Brighton and is not exclusively for Brighton residents.

It's not about convincing you or anyone else. Residents in our city may live how they like, but that's because it's Brighton.

Other visitors during PRIDE who come here from elsewhere typically don't live somewhere as tolerant or accepting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pride is a dream for all class A dealers in the South East.

The amount of E's consumed, Coke sniffed, ketamine keyed is outrageous.

100's of thousands of pounds profit for the dealers.

Any Mandy?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would probably prefer Gay Humility.

Don't marches like this just encourage a group mentality? Doesn't it just emphasize difference? Aren't we hoping to eventually live in a world which doesn't put people into groups and label them? Does something like this really help us to achieve that?

Honest question.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would probably prefer Gay Humility.

Don't marches like this just encourage a group mentality? Doesn't it just emphasize difference? Aren't we hoping to eventually live in a world which doesn't put people into groups and label them? Does something like this really help us to achieve that?

Honest question.

Yes,yes,yes..................slowly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports