Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 11 Sep - WITH GUESTS RICHARD HEBBERD & PC DARREN BALKHAM

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This bloke hasn't got a clue. Swearing is and SHOULD BE a part of football (except in the familt stand). People go to footy to let off steam after a hard week at work. 30 or 40 people? Give it a rest!

Completely disagree. Swearing is NOT a part of football, why should it be? Why should football be a place for people to go and let off steam? Why should the players, and the other fans around them, have to put up with that sort of rubbish? I've paid my £25 to go and watch the game this afternoon, I'm going for the football. I don't want to hear about somebody's hard week at work, I've not had an easy week either but I'm not going to try and take it out on the match today. It's a football match.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am using foul and abusive language right now!

I'm sorry Richard you have no idea about football crowds whatsoever. Your apparent tolerance of H&J blocks in this interview is not matched by the actions of the stewards on matchday.

Feb 14, 2010
Ask him to show us these letter he refers to. Challenge him. NSC shows that people are fed up with stewards telling people at football to sit down - we are the customer, so ask him to listen. Football is about barbed comments and giving stick - that is why we go and have done for generations. "Passion", no thanks, they miss the point, football is about humour.

Feb 14, 2010
Remind him we are the customer, tpeople want to stand up at football, and ask how he got a job in football if he doesnt know that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So why not let that block be a singing and standing block then?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Completely disagree. Swearing is NOT a part of football, why should it be? Why should football be a place for people to go and let off steam? Why should the players, and the other fans around them, have to put up with that sort of rubbish? I've paid my £25 to go and watch the game this afternoon, I'm going for the football. I don't want to hear about somebody's hard week at work, I've not had an easy week either but I'm not going to try and take it out on the match today. It's a football match.

Don't you realise that's exactly what creates atmosphere and passion?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
its a laugh, entertainment, going with your mates and dad, the blokes playing football at the jesters, and not as important as us the customers

I'd say, given how frequently football games occur without audiences, without fans (behind doors friendlies, behind doors due to punishments, etc.) and how there has never been a game of football without the players, I think the players might be a little more important. Just a little bit.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why don't Brighton do somthing about away standing then? Its fine for Balkham say what he's said, but why don't the stewards tackle homophobic and standing in the away block?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't you realise that's exactly what creates atmosphere and passion?

What is? Swearing? Personally, I don't agree. You don't need to start ranting and raving to get an atmosphere going, belting out Sussex by the Sea (and other such songs) is.

its a laugh, entertainment, going with your mates and dad, the blokes playing football at the jesters, and not as important as us the customers

Yes it's a laugh and it's entertainment, but maybe certain people should remember there's a game to watch and get on with that rather than fighting with the stewards all the time. Just a suggestion. Ultimately, everyone pays their money to go and they can do what they want, but personally, I would rather watch the game than get all stressed about the stewards and being made to sit down.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
They miss the point? I think you've missed the point. Football is about 22 blokes on a pitch kicking a ball about for 90 minutes.

Oh dear.............football playing, is about 22 blokes on a pitch, kicking a ball.

Football SUPPORTING is so much more than just that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here