Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 11 Sep - WITH GUESTS RICHARD HEBBERD & PC DARREN BALKHAM

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can you ask why at Hillsborough around 1000 Brighton fans were allowed to stand, sing and generally enjoy themselves along with the majority of Wednesday fans who generated the best atmosphere at a ground I have seen for a long time without the interference of stewards, and yet every week at Withdean heavy handed stewarding and lack of common sense leads to no atmosphere and generally putting people off watching Brighton.

Also the vast majority of 6,000 Albion fans at Villa Park last season in the FA Cup who were allowed to stand up for the whole game without any intimidation from the stewards and police officers. Those who wanted to sit down sat at the front , guided there by the stewards.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Can you ask why at Hillsborough around 1000 Brighton fans were allowed to stand, sing and generally enjoy themselves along with the majority of Wednesday fans who generated the best atmosphere at a ground I have seen for a long time without the interference of stewards, and yet every week at Withdean heavy handed stewarding and lack of common sense leads to no atmosphere and generally putting people off watching Brighton.

The atmosphere created by the Wednesday fans was largely created by the supporters band .Would a band be allowed at Falmer to boost the atmosphere ? If not , then im sure we would love to know why ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
this show has potential to become quite contriversal

It could have been if they were to discuss the 'mouth' case..........but they won't. "Unable to speak about individual cases...blah...blah...blah...blah."

As always in these "interviews" the terms and conditions will be referred to, chapter and verse, ....................... 90% of the time.

Common sense approach................. 0% of the time.

Listeners bored to sleep..................10% of the time.

Well done to the Albion Roar tho, for even trying....:thumbsup:

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah, Hi.

Could you ask Mr Balkham why he looks like Craig Feldspar from Malcolm in the Middle?

castingcraigfeldspar1.jpg

Tah.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The atmosphere created by the Wednesday fans was largely created by the supporters band .Would a band be allowed at Falmer to boost the atmosphere ? If not , then im sure we would love to know why ?

Probably not because the drumsticks would be classed as a offensive weapon and the bugle could be shoved somewhere where it might hurt:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are they aware of how hated they are?

I think you will find Darren Balkham is actually a very pleasant and helpful person, I always say Hello to him whenever I see him

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A large chunk of airtime should be given over to Balkham explaining his reasons for supporting Man Utd..... although I'm sure it'll be something obvious like he was born in Manchester, has family in Manchester etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A large chunk of airtime should be given over to Balkham explaining his reasons for supporting Man Utd..... although I'm sure it'll be something obvious like he was born in Manchester, has family in Manchester etc.

You've answered your own question!

Frankly, I think that's an appalling reason for supporting Man U. He lives nowhere near Basingstoke or Guildford.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The stewards appear to be wide ranging in terms age, size & athleticism.
Whilst not wanting to appearing discriminatory, Is there a criteria that has to be met to be a steward ?

What are the roles of the stewards as opposed to the different colour jacketed response team.

Will the majority of the stewards at Withdean be retained for stewarding at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here