Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 11 Sep - WITH GUESTS RICHARD HEBBERD & PC DARREN BALKHAM

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can't believe I'm listening to this bloke. Allocated seats cause the problem. If you could sit where you like, the people wanting to sit could go to the front and there wouldn't be a problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear.............football playing, is about 22 blokes on a pitch, kicking a ball.

Football SUPPORTING is so much more than just that.

Exactly and sounds like this point is being missed by a mile.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Safety Officer ?

well im sorry , but the seats i paid for for the walsall game were simply not fit to sit in ,due to them not being bolted down , as a safety officer shouldnt these seats be checked pre match to ensure they are safe to sit in , are you not breaking the law by selling a unsafe seat ?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It often gets lost in my agenda, still have not listened to last weekss. May have a listen to this though to see what the offical word is on the stewarding.

Have you tried 97.2FM if in local area?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Then why can't SOME fans stand in H or J? We're not even in the centre of the pitch, if we were on the half way line, taking up priority seating I'd understand, but sitting on the EDGE of the South Stand... just like SOME fans stand in the Away fans?

Consistancey!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So they just make it up as they go along, making a mockery of the health and safety 'rules'. This is ridiculous!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Richard, what about the obvious ageism your response stewards have shown?

Where older fans who are loud and far more abusive with their language are not kicked out but younger people who are less abusive DO get talked to/kicked out.

What plans do you have to make the complaints process more accessible and transparent?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"people will listen to your comments, go away and think about them"

Nonsense! People have already made up their minds about the stewards and will refuse to acknowledge, let alone think about, the points made.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I missed the last 15 minutes but from what I heard pc Balkham was spot on and sensible, whereas hebbard was hard work and out of touch

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good show I thought. I really think Richard Hebbard does not understand the first thing about football fans at all unlike PC Balkham, who seemed to confirm all the positive comments about him on here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So. In summary: The stewards respond because some Albion fans complain about others standing/shouting, People don't complain about standing/shouting in J and H so it is tolerated there more so than elsewhere in the theatre of shit.

My arse.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Nonsense! People have already made up their minds about the stewards and will refuse to acknowledge, let alone think about, the points made.

Actually. I did think about them. A lot of what Darren said was fair enough, they don't kick out people because of resources. We see that in both stands.

What Richard then failed to justify was why stewards eject us more? He says its numerically the same but I fail to see how that is the case.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Feb 14, 2010

I had to leave half way through and all I heard was the bloke from the club preaching about why he says that people watch football sat down and ignored the fact that actually loads of people want and do stand at places like Leicester, Burnley, Liverpool, West Ham, Leeds ect ect ect. He sounded like he thought us customers were to be contained and we should all do what he says. He has much to learn about providing a product that us customers want at football. But if that is what they said then give them a chance

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
i dont think they understand the problem:eek:

They don't really understand anything do they.

My son (STH) attended the match today, with his 7 year old son (my grandson). It is the first time my grandson has his own season ticket. Unfortunately, my grandson had toothache, and despite putting a brave face on it during the first-half.........the pain was too much for him and his dad had to pop him home at the end of the first half.

My son asked if he could be re-admitted after taking my grandson home to his mum....................'NO' was the answer.

Wankers.

Richard Hebbard........you can shove your pontificating views up your arse as far as you can get them.................and if it's anything like your mouth, that will be a considerable distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here