Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendly Thread (First team, U-21s and U-18s)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got a mate who once flew to Madrid and he reckons they're shitehouse (but they might have the old 'new manager bounce' as the old one left for BMuff...)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Given only East lower and West lower is going to be open for the friendly I'm guessing the transport should be OK as a lot less people than usual travelling.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No trains stopping at falmer on the 6th.with pride weekend as well the buses are going to be mobbed.
Its always premature to say this will be the actual service/timetable now that a match is in the schedule- and to predict chaos/mobbed. - club will update nearer the time - also likely crowds will be 10/12K so a third of the usual footfall etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No trains stopping at falmer on the 6th.with pride weekend as well the buses are going to be mobbed.
Trains currently showing as stopping at Falmer on both the Saturday and the Sunday - tho that may well change I suppose. The Sunday is far less chaotic than the Saturday so far as Pride crowds are concerned, there's no parade for one thing, so hopefully the trains will be running for the game

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Trains currently showing as stopping at Falmer on both the Saturday and the Sunday - tho that may well change I suppose. The Sunday is far less chaotic than the Saturday so far as Pride crowds are concerned, there's no parade for one thing, so hopefully the trains will be running for the game
the club announcement suggests not

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm up for it. £20 to see BHA is cheap. But why the change of 'per person' P&R at £3 each rather than the £5 per car?
I pass the Amex to the racecourse and will empty all passengers as I pass.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When does training start ? Monday ?
I'm guessing so, although there will be different return dates for players dependent upon their international involvements. Carl Rushworth and Tom McGill are still on international duty!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm up for it. £20 to see BHA is cheap. But why the change of 'per person' P&R at £3 each rather than the £5 per car?
I pass the Amex to the racecourse and will empty all passengers as I pass.
Loads of people walk up and use P&R service.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion have announced that the U-21s will play a friendly at Hemel Hempstead Town:-

(Kick-off times are local)

1st Team:

Training camp ?

Saturday July 22 Kick-off: 7:00pm v Chelsea (Venue: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia)
Wednesday July 26 Kick-off: 5:30pm v Brentford (Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta)
Friday July 28 Kick-off: 7:30pm v Newcastle United (Venue: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)
August 4/5/6 Kick-off: ?:??pm v ? (Venue: Amex Stadium)

U-21s:

Tuesday August 1 Kick-off: 7:45pm v Hemel Hempstead Town (Venue: Vauxhall Road)

U-18s:

Saturday July 15 Kick-off: 3:00pm v Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium)

Has anyone heard of any other pre-season friendly matches for Albion sides this summer?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Loads of people walk up and use P&R service.
Yes, this was a bugbear of mine when I used the Mill Road for P&R and had to pay (cup games?). Bus stopped at the top of the hill to let on people who were just walking up or had parked for free around the corner.
But I've got a car of 4 (2 kids) which will now cost £12 and I bet they don't check tickets.
Friendly game which will cost me, with food and drink, about £107!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm guessing so, although there will be different return dates for players dependent upon their international involvements. Carl Rushworth and Tom McGill are still on international duty!
As are various other players. Simon Adingra won't be back until the week after next for instance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here