Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendly Thread (First team, U-21s and U-18s)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In previous years I have created a thread similar to this to enable all Albion pre-season matches to be collated in one place (the added benefit of having the NSC hive mind flag up obscure fixtures I would never otherwise have heard about is, of course, purely coincidental).

In July we will have the novelty* of Albion matches on US soil (for our American cousins reading this, the Brighton Seagulls will be participating in Spring Training :thumbsup: ).
*Of course, if you remember the Albion tour to the West Coast in May 1979 then I salute you, you old git.

Please, please, please reply to this thread with details of any pre-season Albion friendly fixtures you have come across and I will periodically update the listing.
(Kick-off times are local)

1st Team:

Training camp ?
Saturday July 22 Kick-off: 7:00pm v Chelsea (Venue: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia)
Wednesday July 26 Kick-off: 5:30pm v Brentford (Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta)
Friday July 28 Kick-off: 7:00pm v Newcastle United (Venue: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)

U-23s:

?

U-18s:

?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Naylor was tweeting that there will be ONE pre-season friendly for the first team on home soil, at the Amex, over Pride weekend. He didn't say which day, or know the opposition. It's the weekend before the PL kicks off again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
1st Team:

Training camp ?
Saturday July 22 Kick-off: 7:00pm v Chelsea (Venue: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia)
Wednesday July 26 Kick-off: 5:30pm v Brentford (Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta)
Friday July 28 Kick-off: 7:00pm v Newcastle United (Venue: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)
Are those UK or US times ???

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 20, 2021
In previous years I have created a thread similar to this to enable all Albion pre-season matches to be collated in one place (the added benefit of having the NSC hive mind flag up obscure fixtures I would never otherwise have heard about is, of course, purely coincidental).

In July we will have the novelty* of Albion matches on US soil (for our American cousins reading this, the Brighton Seagulls will be participating in Spring Training :thumbsup: ).
*Of course, if you remember the Albion tour to the West Coast in May 1979 then I salute you, you old git.

Please, please, please reply to this thread with details of any pre-season Albion friendly fixtures you have come across and I will periodically update the listing.

1st Team:

Training camp ?

U-23s:

?

U-18s:

?
Are the games in America being televised over here?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Are the games in America being televised over here?

Will Summer Series matches be broadcast?​

NBC Sports is the exclusive broadcaster in the USA.

Further broadcast information for all other regions will be announced here in due course.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Updated listing:-

1st Team:

Training camp ?
Friday July 28 Kick-off: 7:30pm v Newcastle United (Venue: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)
August 4/5/6 Kick-off: ?:??pm v ? (Venue: Amex Stadium)

U-21s:

?

U-18s:

Saturday July 15 Kick-off: 3:00pm v Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium)

Please reply to this thread with details of any pre-season Albion friendly fixtures you have come across and I will periodically update the listing.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion have announced that the U-21s will play a friendly at Hemel Hempstead Town:-

1st Team:

Training camp ?

Friday July 28 Kick-off: 7:30pm v Newcastle United (Venue: Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)
August 4/5/6 Kick-off: ?:??pm v ? (Venue: Amex Stadium)

U-21s:

Tuesday August 1 Kick-off: 7:45pm v Hemel Hempstead Town (Venue: Vauxhall Road)

U-18s:

Saturday July 15 Kick-off: 3:00pm v Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium)

Has anyone heard of any other pre-season friendly matches for Albion sides this summer?

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Albion0.jpg
Albion1.jpg
Albion2.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone know if the PL "summer series' is going to be on TV in the UK ? I've not seen any talk of UK rights etc but might have missed it.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has anybody heard of any additional pre-season games that the U-21s (or U-18s) will play? I'm surprised that only one fixture for the U-21s has so far come to light.

I believe the first-team players will start to report back for pre-season training next Monday (depending upon their international involvement over the last couple of weeks or so). I haven't heard anything about a training camp this summer - are they likely to fold that into the US trip? They probably won't be jetting off to Europe somewhere and then almost immediately heading off to the States, will they?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Has anybody heard of any additional pre-season games that the U-21s (or U-18s) will play? I'm surprised that only one fixture for the U-21s has so far come to light.

I believe the first-team players will start to report back for pre-season training next Monday (depending upon their international involvement over the last couple of weeks or so). I haven't heard anything about a training camp this summer - are they likely to fold that into the US trip? They probably won't be jetting off to Europe somewhere and then almost immediately heading off to the States, will they?
I’m guessing the camp will be in the USA

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Does anyone know if the PL "summer series' is going to be on TV in the UK ? I've not seen any talk of UK rights etc but might have missed it.

Nothing on the PL website about UK TV at all. US rights have been sold so there will be streams available though

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012

Naylor in the Athletic (i think) suggested that there aside from the Summer Series x 3 games in the States and then the pre season Amex friendly on the 4/5/6th - there would be no other friendlies for the adult team (perhaps a behind closed doors one ? as well ) .
Yep. I guess they are back on Monday - training - so presumably tomorrow/Friday - they will be in to check in re: fitness check ups etc. thats normally how they've played it before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here