Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendly Thread (First team, U-21s and U-18s)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
James Beadle called up for the England U21s - no place now for Rushworth.
https://www.englandfootball.com/art...mu21s-squad-named-to-play-luxembourg-20230901

Strangely though, Paul Hazelwood on the Albion website reports that it's Rushworth has been called up - and suddenly transferred to Oxford United as well!
Paul Hazlewood is the club photographer; the article is written by Bruce Talbot.
(I'm loving the fact that in your post about Albion mis-identifying their player, you mis-identify the author!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Paul Hazlewood is the club photographer; the article is written by Bruce Talbot.
(I'm loving the fact that in your post about Albion mis-identifying their player, you mis-identify the author!)
Yeh. OK, the name that was at the head of the text - didn't notice the little camera beside it.
Still, at least I've corrected my error now!

P.S. Any of your information sauces got a clue about Furlong's next move? - all the talk about Zeqiri and Alzate moving on, and Samuels and Hinshelwood likely to stay - but never a mention of Furlong (who was apparanty offered on loan way back).

P.P.S. Maybe Hull then ...................

(Why is it that a link to a specific post (which does actually link to the right post) shows here as a link to thread starter - very confusing!)

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have seen a suggestion today that Albion are also interested in Luton Town centre-back Jacob Vickers. He would be a first-year scholar for 2023-24.

And Jacob has, indeed, signed on as a 1st-year scholar with Albion:-

Vickers made his debut for the U-18 side today (Saturday), coming on as a substitute in the 4-0 home win over Stoke City in the group stages of the U-18 Premier League Cup.

That brings Albion's scholar intake this campaign to 12; nine players stepping up from the U-16s with new additions from Liverpool (Joe Belmont), Man Utd (Nehemiah Oriola) and Luton (Jacob Vickers).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Do we have a list of the first year scholars confirmed yet @AZ Gull ? Something like Mansell, Rutter, Ferns (has this been confirmed yet?), Mthunzi, Hayden, Mackley, Simmonds, Gorman, Belmont, Nti, O'Boyle, Gulzar, Morling, West, Howell? Or are some of these a bit younger/ not been taken on as scholars?

Elidon O'Boyle (who also seems to go by the name Don Mulgeci on social media - I think his mum is Irish and his dad is Albanian) is the same age group but I believe he only spent his U-15 schoolboy season at Albion, moving from Chelsea, before heading to Millwall last season where he is now a scholar.
Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall U-18s to a 3-0 win at Coventry tonight and they are now through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, where they host either Chelsea (his former club) or Palace.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall U-18s to a 3-0 win at Coventry tonight and they are now through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, where they host either Chelsea (his former club) or Palace.
Former Albion U-15 Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall beat Chelsea on penalties tonight and thus progress to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup - wonderful achievement.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Former Albion U-15 Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall beat Chelsea on penalties tonight and thus progress to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup - wonderful achievement.
Todd the Toad is reaching for his cheque book, as we speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills