That Apparent Assault By Stewards On The Would-Be Pitch Invader At The Final Whistle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
"One tackled him to ground and then 1 restrained all fine but then another 2/3 came and jumped on him for no reason at all it was a flipping disgrace and only ******s would do such a thing.

Jesus.H.Christ

Posts like that aren't even jumped on. Homophobic abuse like that is more of an issue to football that some pissed kid running on the pitch.

I find it interesting how (quite rightly) homophobic abuse is unacceptable where as regionalism is acceptable - been reading all week about flat claps, whippets and how dirty northerners are

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I find it interesting how (quite rightly) homophobic abuse is unacceptable where as regionalism is acceptable - been reading all week about flat claps, whippets and how dirty northerners are

Bloody northerners always something new to have a moan about. No one forces you to be here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why not? It's common decency to try and intervene at some young kid being given a kicking in front of your eyes. Wednesday players were already turned around to applaud their travelling support, they could hardly pretend it wasn't happening, even if they'd wanted to. Fair play to them :clap2:
So when a Wednesday player gets stabbed by an opposing fan who evades the security staff they won't mind I guess?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So when a Wednesday player gets stabbed by an opposing fan who evades the security staff they won't mind I guess?

Stick that steward in an IDF uniform and stick a Palestinian kid under his boot and THPP would be singing a completely different tune. Pathetic really. Clearly lacking a moral compass.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It was at the Wednesday end and the game had just finished. The young kid did a daft thing but was only looking at that point to get back into the stand. He in no way deserved the heavy advances of one or more stewards getting their rocks off. Still, on the plus side, it was all played out in full view of the front row of the Wednesday support. Lots of video footage, many official police complaints made. Justice will be done. The kid will rightly get a ban and a fine. One or more stewards will rightly be prevented from getting their rocks off assaulting a young kid at football. Hopefully have their evening bouncer gig taken away also before they seriously injure someone who could be your son or daughter.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It was at the Wednesday end and the game had just finished. The young kid did a daft thing but was only looking at that point to get back into the stand. He in no way deserved the heavy advances of one or more stewards getting their rocks off. Still, on the plus side, it was all played out in full view of the front row of the Wednesday support. Lots of video footage, many official police complaints made. Justice will be done. The kid will rightly get a ban and a fine. One or more stewards will rightly be prevented from getting their rocks off assaulting a young kid at football. Hopefully have their evening bouncer gig taken away also before they seriously injure someone who could be your son or daughter.

You are only looking at it in hindsight, at the end of the day he was somewhere he shouldn't have been and therefore would be classed as a danger, age has nothing to do with it, nobody could have any idea that he was not armed or that he wanted to do harm to someone, force was used and plenty of cameras around to see if anyone including the stewards acted inappropriately. Let's no pre judge.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You are only looking at it in hindsight, at the end of the day he was somewhere he shouldn't have been and therefore would be classed as a danger, age has nothing to do with it, nobody could have any idea that he was not armed or that he wanted to do harm to someone, force was used and plenty of cameras around to see if anyone including the stewards acted inappropriately. Let's no pre judge.

Fair enough. More than enough video footage available to ascertain what happened and who was acting out of turn :shrug:

After having a couple of drinks today, with a guy who witnessed the entire thing, his opinion is the Steward in question is taken to book, loses his job and is charged with assault.

BTW, the guy I was having a beer with is a Steward.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After having a couple of drinks today, with a guy who witnessed the entire thing, his opinion is the Steward in question is taken to book, loses his job and is charged with assault.

BTW, the guy I was having a beer with is a Steward.

Someone might make a formal complaint to the Police. Yellow card offence for the security firm. Allegedly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why not? It's common decency to try and intervene at some young kid being given a kicking in front of your eyes. Wednesday players were already turned around to applaud their travelling support, they could hardly pretend it wasn't happening, even if they'd wanted to. Fair play to them :clap2:

A kicking? Was it really?! I do it it. Heavy handed I'm sure but a kicking?! And he shouldn't have run on the pitch - fans know they risk this even if stewards were / are out of order!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] if you want to spend your day hunting down my posts and giving them a thumbs down that's up to you but I will keep repaying the favour :thumbsup: :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can it be classified as cheating if all teams do it? Brighton would do if they had a lead to hold on to

Nah prob not mate I'm just frustrated. That was the worst time wasting I've ever seen though - including bhafc in hundreds of games!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A kicking? Was it really?! I do it it. Heavy handed I'm sure but a kicking?! And he shouldn't have run on the pitch - fans know they risk this even if stewards were / are out of order!

Wednesday friends of friends who were in row A right in front of the incident report that yes, that was the case. They were pretty horrified by proceedings. They're nice people, I have no reason to doubt their version of events :shrug:

Someone might make a formal complaint to the Police. Yellow card offence for the security firm. Allegedly.

Someone might, but as I was halfway down the WSU stairs at the time it won't be me because I did not see anything.

Neither will the guy I was having a drink with, he uses stewarding to supplement his hugely reduced income since being made redundant.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wednesday friends of friends who were in row A right in front of the incident report that yes, that was the case. They were pretty horrified by proceedings. They're nice people, I have no reason to doubt their version of events :shrug:

God my iPhone predictive text often makes no sense - its a wonder I can hold a convo on here :lol:

Well that's what I'm asking but a kicking to me means repeatedly being kicked whilst on the ground which I highly doubt.... Maybe a knee in the back etc...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
God my iPhone predictive text often makes no sense - its a wonder I can hold a convo on here :lol:

Well that's what I'm asking but a kicking to me means repeatedly being kicked whilst on the ground which I highly doubt.... Maybe a knee in the back etc...

Just reporting what I was told by a few folks who had - literally - a ringside seat. They were pretty shaken up. Like I say, there was more than enough phone/video evidence for a fair judgement to be reached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports