Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Apparent Assault By Stewards On The Would-Be Pitch Invader At The Final Whistle

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
Bang out of order, he was a young kid who shouldn't have gone on the pitch, he tried to get back in with us and from where I was looked like he was assaulted by so called security, credit to our players for stopping it. Do the maths one young kid 5 or six men all over him, sound right to you?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It did seem heavy handed by the stewards, but the Wednesday players getting involved made the situation a lot worse because this then inflamed their fans even more and could have got out of hand.

I'd suggest the exact opposite, that the Wednesday players involvement made the whole thing more 'official' and stopped the Wednesday fans stepping in to prevent what looked to be a seriously over-the-top assault on one of their number.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd suggest the exact opposite, that the Wednesday players involvement made the whole thing more 'official' and stopped the Wednesday fans stepping in to prevent what looked to be a seriously over-the-top assault on one of their number.

Incorrect in my view...the Wednesday players stepping in seemed to result in more fans trying to get onto the pitch...the only person to come out of this with any credit seemed to be there manager (or whoever it was) ..who ushered away the players...this seemed to calm the whole thing down

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really? You don't remember the crop-haired psycho steward at Withdean who used to parade the South Stand and who did his best to break some innocuous kids wrist after the last game of the season in the latter years? He was panting heavily. Some say he had a visible stiffy. Some say his description closely matches one of the stewards getting his rocks off today.

Is that the same steward who did a "high five" with other stewards after he had rugby tackled a fan who ran onto the pitch after the final whistle at one game at Withers ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really? You don't remember the crop-haired psycho steward at Withdean who used to parade the South Stand and who did his best to break some innocuous kids wrist after the last game of the season in the latter years? He was panting heavily. Some say he had a visible stiffy. Some say his description closely matches one of the stewards getting his rocks off today.
But Tom, you are a fan of bullies? Oh sorry, that is only true if they are Israeli bullies, different story when the boot is on the other foot, so to speak!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Too many horrible, sweaty northern ruffians for my liking. I was in two minds to go over and give the bloody lot of them a ruddy good fisting.

You are not helping the stereotype associated with being an Albion fan, are you? :lolol:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I would occasionally go in J Block of the South Stand at Withdean for cup games. Stewards there were proper sad cases spending their whole time pointing and staring at our fans from the track then taking it in turns to walk up into the stands to cause an argument, all the while ignoring the Away fans doing just as they pleased to our left. Really bad stewarding that was confrontational from the off and always got the clearly desired result from our fans.

I saw today's incident from the family stand as we left the ground. Way over the top from the stewards, especially as he was trying to jump back over the hoarding and back into his own crowd as they brought him down. A bit pathetic really all round.

Having said that, this fan didn't do himself much favours and walking back past the away end after the game there was a few Wednesday fans acting like knobs in general. Mind you, great support inside the ground with impressive numbers and good voice. Only been to Hillsborough once and it was exactly the same up there - very impressive support inside the ground, a bit knobish outside it.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Apparently assaulting him is fine according to some of our fans, yet if it was one of our own NSC would be in meltdown.

Its unacceptable, yes, he needed dealing with - but not like that. More stewards who clearly thought they were police officers.

BunA5mgCUAEJzQ6.jpg
Picture from Twitter

Oh well won t be doing that again in a hurry will he thought the fans were ********s

UTO

Aug 9, 2014
Should have given him even more of a pasting, stupid ****, he will think twice next time. Deserved all he got.

Shouldn't have run on the pitch....But no need to be pinned down by 5 stewards , then assaulted by the fat tw@t who was told to "do one" by his collegues..

He must feel really good about himself assaulting a 14 year old lad..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shouldn't have run on the pitch....But no need to be pinned down by 5 stewards , then assaulted by the fat tw@t who was told to "do one" by his collegues..

He might not feel quite so good about himself if the kid or his parents presses charges against him for assault.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Looks like no more than 3 stewards in the above photo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here