Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Apparent Assault By Stewards On The Would-Be Pitch Invader At The Final Whistle

UTO

Aug 9, 2014
Looks like no more than 3 stewards in the above photo

2 had already moved in that photo as the players came over to help the kid....

No need to pin him down at all anyway, even without the punches and restraint on his head..The lad could have just been walked off the pitch and handed over to police.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Have you seen the ob arrest someone they feel could be dangerous? Total overkill, , I'mnot saying it's wrong because they feel less of them get injured if there is about six of them jumping on the aggressor,

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Have you seen the ob arrest someone they feel could be dangerous? Total overkill, , I'mnot saying it's wrong because they feel less of them get injured if there is about six of them jumping on the aggressor,

I remember seeing a dozen old bill in full riot gear run down whitehawk hill road. Then a man naked except for a beanie hat came running up, followed a minute later by the now sweaty and panting Robocops.
It seemed serious overkill for one man run away from the loony bin, particularly as I later found out he was successfully apprehended by my mum offering him a cup of tea and a sit down.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A bloke in the flats opposite my workplace kicked off at his missus and mother in law, two police women turned up to sort it out, and he punched one of them, next thing there were six cars, one van, and a dog unit , in the road which they closed,two ambulances, and sixteen coppers. They eventually carried the fella out, all trussed up and with a spit mask on, and he was still trying to have a go. It was quite a show of force really

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Oh well won t be doing that again in a hurry will he thought the fans were ********s

Last few time they were at the Amex thought they were decent, have been to Hillsborough quite a few times and always been a nice day out and no trouble, one kid running on the pitch means nothing apart from proves how poor the jumped up pr**ks are that call themselves security at the amex, absolute jokers

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Wednesday fans should know better after that Leeds idiot attacked Kirkland a couple of years ago - That said stewards were OTT - Club needs to review

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's all if and buts. It's happened and it will surely be looked at to see if any excessive force was used. Its easy to have an opinion after the event, at the end of the day someone got onto to the pitch, which means you get the situation under control as soon as possible, nobody knows if that person is carrying a weapon. I would expect the stewards are trained to bring the person to the ground as soon as possible and use as many personal as possible for safety.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Weds players shouldn't be getting involved. If they do that we should be able to run on during play and push them very hard to the corner of the pitch to take the corner they've all spent 30 secs staring at to time waste the cheating pricks :)

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Weds players shouldn't be getting involved. If they do that we should be able to run on during play and push them very hard to the corner of the pitch to take the corner they've all spent 30 secs staring at to time waste the cheating pricks :)

Can it be classified as cheating if all teams do it? Brighton would do if they had a lead to hold on to

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last few time they were at the Amex thought they were decent, have been to Hillsborough quite a few times and always been a nice day out and no trouble, one kid running on the pitch means nothing apart from proves how poor the jumped up pr**ks are that call themselves security at the amex, absolute jokers

Had a nice chat about the game and O'Grady with a few Wednesday fans on my walk back to my car....against that there were a group of them moving past the East stand who were intent on causing trouble ...as you find isn't it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Why not? It's common decency to try and intervene at some young kid being given a kicking in front of your eyes. Wednesday players were already turned around to applaud their travelling support, they could hardly pretend it wasn't happening, even if they'd wanted to. Fair play to them :clap2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Correct ....thankfully one of there management team ushered them away

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I wonder how many Wednesday players were prepared to dish it out to the stewards. Believe me when you see those Neanderthals pin an unfortunate down and cause unnecessary pain, the urge to give them a good kicking is very very great.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I hope the kid gets punished, and I hope so does the steward. Don't want to see that happening at my club.

I don't know exactly what happened and if it was as bad as this, but like someone else has said this kind of thing can start a riot.

Observe:

Watching that made me very happy :lolol: Bellend gets what is coming to him in THAT video.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
"One tackled him to ground and then 1 restrained all fine but then another 2/3 came and jumped on him for no reason at all it was a flipping disgrace and only ******s would do such a thing.

Jesus.H.Christ

Posts like that aren't even jumped on. Homophobic abuse like that is more of an issue to football that some pissed kid running on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here