Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Technology we were blown away by and owned in the 80's

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
Not just a TV, not just a radio but a TV-Radio-Cassette Player 3 in 1..........the best thing I've ever owned (probably).

vintage_jvc_no_cx-500_boom_box_radio_tv_and_cassette_player_3983744.jpg

Memories.. My grandad had one of these:bigwave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nope - basic upoloader doesn't work either - I give up. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - any idea why photos don't work?

Nope. It's been posted about a few times. Invariably I find if I try an attachment and it doesn't work I just edit my post, do exactly the same thing again and it works.

I'll update vBulletin in the near future and hope that it does the trick.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Try again via the usual uploader

Ok, So I had one of these BBC B.jpg

When combined with this elite-bbc-micro-box.jpg

Led to hours of this elite-bbc-micro-screenshot-1.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I worked with a woman who wanted to fax a rude cartoon to her husband but was worried that the wrong person might see it. We convinced her to fax it in an envelope.

Also,we used to get spam faxes and a favourite trick was,after work to get a 1 metre long bit of paper off the fax roll, draw a big XXXX on it and fax it to the spammer, but, when the start of it came out, tape it to the end creating a loop. That way the fax keeps sending till the one at the other end runs out of paper. Spammer comes in in the morning to find all his paper wasted.

Best trick with a fax [I never did this by the way] was to connect one up to a premium rate 0900 BT line and then contact as many estate agents as you could and ask them to fax you details of any 2-bed terraced houses they had. As you know the subscriber gets a cut [I think its about 40%] of the premium rate and all the commission based estate agents sales bods were happy to keep faxing for the hope of making a sale - they didn't pay the phone bill obviously.

Nice little earner - you didn't event need to top up the paper and toner .... £££

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here