Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Forest

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think he will keep Sanchez in, and play Buonanotte instead of March. Undav in for Welbeck.

Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster Estupinan
Gross Caicedo
Buonanotte MacAllister Enciso
Undav

Mitoma looked knackered on Sunday, wouldn't be surprised if he is on the bench to come on in the second half.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I'd be tempted to play mitoma in that false 9 role if welbeck and Ferguson are still out and mitoma isn't too fatigued from Sunday.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Or take him out the firing line. Home support targeting him with "It's all your fault" type of chants?
I don’t agree with this at all.

Solly needs to play. He can’t be protected forever from stick like this.

He’ll rightly get massive support from the away fans, who will make a big noise up there.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sounds like Welbeck and Ferguson ruled out tomorrow, judging by RDZ presser

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Facundo is starting tomorrow according to Naylor.
Yes. RDZ said he will start. He doesn't mind giving opposing manager's a clue does he?! That said, where he features and for who is still anyone's guess.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As the thread has gone on, people’s guesses are edging closer to mine (whether that’s right or wrong, I don’t know). I knew Facundo would be playing in my bones, also fairly confident Mitoma will start from the bench and Enciso will play on the left. There is no way Mitoma plays another 90 minutes, and RDZ said he hates bringing him off because he is a potential moment of magic away from a goal.

I stick by my original OP. It isn’t the team I want to see, but it’s close to the team I expect.

Everything RDZ said today has backed up my points.

In my view he is one of several players who are going to be required to play a huge number of games in a very short period of time. He can’t possibly play every single game, so I am sure RDZ is looking at how many changes he can make to keep players fresh without upsetting the flow of the team too much.

RDZ: "I'm trying to understand the right moment to put the young players on the pitch, sometimes it is better to wait."

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Screenshot_20230425-170512.png

I confidently predict we will have more possession than Forest tomorrow.
The key will be to making it count. I suspect he believes Facundo has something different to offer to create space and chances. It will be good to see him in action.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
A lot of people saying start Ayari?!

He's a kid from the Swedish leagues with about 20 minutes epl experience. There's just no way he's starting. Same for buonotte.
Ayari is a bit of an out there shout.

Buonanotte has played in massive games in Argentina, been included in the senior Argentina squad etc.

He's good enough even at 18, his cameos have been impressive and he'll certainly do a job.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
These are top athletes in peak condition is it any different to playing in a World Cup in the latter stages?
Yes because it's constant throughout the season and higher intensity matches than the World Cup.

World Cup goes on for a month.

Mitoma played in the World Cup, came back to play at least once a week between January and March, played twice in Asia for Japan and then has played once or twice a week since.

They're top athletes but they're also performing at the peak of their abilities, doing far more intense exercise on a weekly basis than most here will do in their life.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The training effort will be dialled right back to manage overall load (which is the more important measure rather than 90 mins of effort in isolation).
It absolutely isn't.

Training is designed to get players ready for a match, the match is where players put in their maximum effort.

A match will have far more stress on the body than the practice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here