Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Forest

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would pick Webster over Colwill. Forest are a low block and hit you with set pieces sort of team, they caused Liverpool huge problems with long throw ins last weekend, I think aerial ability will get Webby the nod.

I had a different view of his performance on Sunday that many on here have expressed. To me it looked like Webster ( in starting our attacks and stopping theirs) was making a pretty strong case for that position for the rest of this season and the one after.
......and Webster likely to be here next season too. Colwill won't (unfortunately).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some good news on the injury front, maybe on Lamptey, Lallana, Ferguson or Welbeck would be massive for us.

Some more random bad news, potentially very serious.

RDZ says he wants 20 who can play for us. After Sunday we know how many we have. 13
Plus Alzate, Kozlowski, Adingra and Moder all here next season - that's 17 already, and maybe RDZ will take to one or two other returning loanees. Of course we'll buy a player ot two, but no worries, no panic.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd rest a few after the weekend and with a view to recovery for the Wolves game. Give Mitoma, Caicedo and Mac a rest and play Buonanotte, Van Hecke, Moran, and Lallana if fit. Can't see us getting anything from this one, so a time to give a few youngsters a game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd rest a few after the weekend and with a view to recovery for the Wolves game. Give Mitoma, Caicedo and Mac a rest and play Buonanotte, Van Hecke, Moran, and Lallana if fit. Can't see us getting anything from this one, so a time to give a few youngsters a game.

Really? You can't see us getting anything from Forest? It will be a dog fight for sure as they are battling against relegation but we will still be favourites.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Look at the teams tonight - Villa Fulham etc not rotating and they have the likes of Ashley Young and Willian. Sure we’ll make the odd change as we are tomorrow but need to go strong strong strong…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Eh ? They’ve lost their last 4 games and are second bottom.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We can't be playing the "B side" and resting players in the run-in.

That strategy will see us finishing 10th.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sanchez
Veltman Webster Dunk Estupinan
Gilmour. Caicedo
Buonanotte. Gross. March
Enciso

Subs include: AliMac, Mitoma, Welbz, Undav

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I just don't get this rotating the squad, it's nine more games. I can't see the players wanting to be rested, surely take it a tad easier in training and go strong.
Will we ever get a better chance of a top seven finish.
Bounce back from Sunday's disappointment by bagging three points on Wednesday.
Not sure RDZ will make wholesale changes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Welbeck is fit. So the where does Facu play cat is well amongst the pigeons!
Having seen quite a few Facu-showreels, I believe he is at least as good as Sarmiento at right wing. He is left footed like Solly and has enough pace and crossing ability to ace that role.

If not he is a natural number 10 and will play behind Welbz I suspect.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bonkers ..................................

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This thread has lost the plot, some of you just aren’t ready for European football.
The latter stages may well go to extra time on Thursday nights should we qualify and get that far. We will still have a PL game on Sunday to play.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes. RDZ said he will start. He doesn't mind giving opposing manager's a clue does he?! That said, where he features and for who is still anyone's guess.
I quite like the openness, it’s almost like he doesn’t give a shit what the opposition think. Hot blood, big balls, we are not worried and are here to win.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I have a feeling Moran will definitely come on at some point tonight

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As Joel Veltman said 'We have 9 Cup Finals to play'. You play your strongest team in a Cup Final. We have Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle, Man Utd, Spurs, Villa and Liverpool all battling to finish ahead of us and if they do, no Europe for Brighton. We have to win at least 6 and probably 7 out of our final 9 to get in to Europe, so no room for complacency or significant rotation. Strongest team every time.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here