Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Blackpool

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do enjoy all these moronic posts about Barnes. It wasn't long ago even the biggest doubters were admitting he was having a great run of form after being left out. He's not a world beater, and obviously he needs to sort out his temper but having him back in the squad for the last 3 games is a massive help (We have had 1 fit striker incase people hadn't noticed). Literally anyone who can't appreciate that does not have a clue.

You do understand he has cost us points / he is a liability?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Same as the last game keep powder dry for playoffs have A stronger bench to bring on if required but why change the fresher we can keep vincente, Barnes, Kill and Buckley the better

Because this game is probably the most winnable of our 3 remaining games?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Because this game is probably the most winnable of our 3 remaining games?

Agreed but doesn't mean this game will be easy at all,

It is now 'knife edge' stuff and I will be truly happy if we managed a win out of it !

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Eh!? Are you saying Ulloa only tends to score when Barnes plays? If so, I disagree.

No, I'm saying if more attacking players play, Ulloa is left less isolated and will score more goals. Barnes in my eyes is a good attacking player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed but doesn't mean this game will be easy at all,

It is now 'knife edge' stuff and I will be truly happy if we managed a win out of it !

So will I. The question is:

Will Gus go for it (the win), or stick with his natural defensive tendency?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, I'm saying if more attacking players play, Ulloa is left less isolated and will score more goals. Barnes in my eyes is a good attacking player.

Aah, I see. Personally, I would play LuaLua and Buckley rather than the liability Barnes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How about?:

TK
Calde/Greer/Upson/Bridge
Bridcutt
Dave/Orlandi
Buckley/KLL
Ulloa

Go for it / let them worry about us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will be very disappointed if we do not win because I think that this game has 3 points for us written all over it. 4 to come from the other 2 games and play offs assured.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
We'll see come Saturday - I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ulloa on the bench. Leeds away may well be a crucial game for us.

Those facepalms really hurt by the way. Ouch

So you don't think Blackpool is a crucial game? I agree that I wouldn't be surprised to see Leo start on the bench after seeing him hobbling about at Peterborough, but if he's fit enough to give us 60 minutes at 100% then in my opinion he should start. With only three games left we haven't got the luxury to be focusing on what might happen next week or the week after.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Team last year v Blackpool:

Ankergren
Calde
Greer
Dunk
Painter
Bridcutt
Navarro
Vincelot
Noone
Barnes
CMS

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From what Gus has been saying, Ulloa could really use a rest.

With that in mind;

Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Bridge
Bridcutt
- - Lopez - - Hammond/Crofts
Buckley/KLL - - - - - - - Orlandi
Barnes​

Subs:
Casper, Painter, AEA, Hammond/Crofts, JFC/Vicente, Buckley/KLL, Ulloa

Pretty much there - if only I'd had more conviction to commit to Buckley and Hammond

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Seriously? I'm obviously referring to the post I've quoted suggesting Leo is rested for the home game against Blackpool because he needs to be fit for our remaining away games (sic). Surely the facepalm makes it clear that I think that's idiotic, eh?? Actually, have one as well: :facepalm:

All give thanks that this guy isn't the manager!

Well done Ash and well done Gus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here