Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Blackpool

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Theres no coincidence we have done pretty good since he has been banned
Actually, we haven't done great without him. We've got 10 points in the 7 games without him, which is less than our points per game average for the season.

Anyway, he will only start if others aren't fit.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Actually, we haven't done great without him. We've got 10 points in the 7 games without him, which is less than our points per game average for the season.

Anyway, he will only start if others aren't fit.

Peterborough away, Boro away, Leicester at home, Forest away, might be the real reason why points have been hit more like. Agreed about your last comment

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Which away game are you talking about?? You do know the Blackpool game is at home eh??

Seriously? I'm obviously referring to the post I've quoted suggesting Leo is rested for the home game against Blackpool because he needs to be fit for our remaining away games (sic). Surely the facepalm makes it clear that I think that's idiotic, eh?? Actually, have one as well: :facepalm:

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Kuszsack

Bruno
Upson
Greer
Bridge

Bridcutt

Hammond
Vicente
Lopez
Buckley

Ulloa

Last edited:

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven

Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Bridge
Bridcutt
Hammond - Crofts
Lopez - Orlandi
Ulloa

Subs
Ankergren, El-Abd, LuaLua, Buckley, Vicente, Barnes, Barker

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak

Calderon
Upson
Greer
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond
Orlandi
Lopez
LuaLua

Ulloa

Subs:
Ankergren
El-Abd
Bruno
Vicente
Crofts
Buckley
Barker

I would like to see Buckley & LuaLua both start but don't think it's worth risking both after injury, Barnes can **** off.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I know a lot of people feel the same as me and tbh I'm entitled to my opinion just like you and everyone else. I would never boo any of our players but Im not a fan of Barnes. I don't totally blame him as he is a forward not a midfielder and hasn't been given the chance to play there for a long time. I felt the same before the red cards there's better players than him in the squad who get far less time on the pitch. Anyway I hope he does well for the team he owes them a performance when he gets back

you are preaching to the converted mate, he is possibly the least influencial player we have (other than Vicente) because he rarely appears,...... he is an attacking player who spends most of his time defending because its easier, he lacks ball and temper control, he needs 10 shots to get one on target...... he has helped give us a lift from L1 to Champ, but he is currently exceeding his ceiling by some margin.

Last edited:

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Seriously people. If either Lua Lua or Buckley are fit to start then 1 of them has to play

Or think of it this way, gets round about the 70th minute and the Blackpool defenders start to get tired....Enter LuaLua and Buckley for Crofts and Hammond (Push Orlandi and Spanish Dave into CM), then you got two places with great pace terrorizing the defenders, then maybe enter Vicente or Barnes to score/put in a killer ball....plus as we are so close to the end of the season, we dont want to risk them getting injured again

dicks-bar-bouncer

Feb 2, 2013
you are preaching to the converted mate, he is possibly the least influencial player we have (other than Vicente) who rarely appears,...... he is an attacking player who spends most of his time defending because its easier, he lacks ball and temper control, he needs 10 shots to get one on target...... he has helped give us a lift from L1 to Champ, but he is currently exceeding his ceiling by some margin.

my team is

koosh

calde
upson
greer
bridge

bridcutt
hammond
crofts

orlandi
buckley

barnes.

ulloa need a rest as has been pretty poor recently.much better to have him on bench and bring him on if needed.im not getting into the childish barnes rubbish,he owes us give him the chance to do that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
my team is

koosh

calde
upson
greer
bridge

bridcutt
hammond
crofts

orlandi
buckley

barnes.

ulloa need a rest as has been pretty poor recently.much better to have him on bench and bring him on if needed.im not getting into the childish barnes rubbish,he owes us give him the chance to do that.

I do think there us a chance he may start(sadly)..... but it wont be for football reasons, its because he is Gus's love child.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not a Barnes fan but he has to be on the bench for another striker option,I would start with Kas if he is fit,deserves it after his last home performance.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I would like to see this line up

Kooshak

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Orlandi
Hammond

Buckley
Kaz

Ulloa

Ankergren
Calde
Vicente
Crofts
El Abd
Barnes
JFC

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What is the point in Thursday and Friday? I just want to go to bed now, and wake up ready for the Amex on Saturday. It's the massivest game since the last massivest game ever!

This. Literally just whiling away the hours. Can't wait for each game at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not a Barnes fan but he has to be on the bench for another striker option,I would start with Kas if he is fit,deserves it after his last home performance.

? Barring the goal he was poor.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Vydra's dramatic loss of form at Watford highlights the danger of burning a player out (possibly Glenn Murray also.) I know it's hard to feel empathy with professional footballers who play once or twice a week but Ulloa is clearly in need of a rest. Injuries tend to occur more frequently as a result of fatigue, despite what Ray Wilkins might think.... Having Barnes back is a plus unless you think Barker or March are currently better players (including any concerns you may have over his discipline.) It's a matter of opinion but mine is that his return is timely.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I would like to see this line up

Kooshak

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Orlandi
Hammond

Buckley
Kaz

Ulloa

Ankergren
Calde
Vicente
Crofts
El Abd
Barnes
JFC

I would be very happy with this team. I think Calde has been superb in his run of games, but he must be knackered. Some players will need to be rotated to keep them fresh.

Barnes won't start, not playing for 7 games must have left him a bit rusty. I can't buy leaving him out on spite. He made a mistake and Gus should be telling him he owes everyone in these last few games to make up for it. I am glad we have someone else that can give Leo a break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here