Take down your shorts Murray, you are about to get spanked.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what will happen in this match?

• will murray get rogered

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • will roger, roger murray

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • will roger get rogered

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nonsense.

Apart from the fact he has won Masters. Not winning a Grand Slam does not detract from his sheer ability. It will make him a nearly man, but not a failure.

I'm certain he will win one eventually.

Exactly. He is fourth best player in the world, which is an amazing achievement. The problem he has (as with Henman for much of his career) is he is Britain's only top tennis player so the pressure is all on him, especially with it being so long since we won Wimbledon. He is also really unlucky to have three amazing players ahead of him. It is no shame to be fourth to Federer, Djokovic and Nadal yet the reaction of some on him suggests he is a loser as a result.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You really are a fuckwit of HIGHEST order. The match was 4 hours, Murray forced the best tennis out of Federer he is capable of playing.

To be fair Murray is 25 and RF is 30. Andy played well, very well in the first two sets but class shone through in the end.
What would have happened to Murray 5 years ago against Federer? This was his chance to win Wimbledon against an aging star who hasn't won for 2 and 1/2 years, lets hope he has another chance in the future but I doubt if he will have as good a one as he did today.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not really, he is a bit of a prick. You could not help but like henman. But Murray, not for me.

I fail to see how Murray can be described as a prick.

A prick is someone who deliberately knocks in to you when walking past and then throws you death stares and mutters something incredibly uncalled for under their breath.

A prick is someone keys your car or breaks your wing mirror and drives off.

You might not warm to him, but I don't think that makes someone a prick.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any need for that comment? I think not.

Read the thread and think again. The best effort by a Brit man at Wimbledon for 74 years against a bloke who'd won it 6 times before, one of the all times greats. And this little twat goes on about a spanking like he knows anything. Fuckwit was putting it mildly.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Nonsense.

Apart from the fact he has won Masters. Not winning a Grand Slam does not detract from his sheer ability. It will make him a nearly man, but not a failure.

I'm certain he will win one eventually.

Sportsmen are judged on achievements not ability. In the grand scheme of things he's done nothing and certainly not one Britains finest EVER sportsmen.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
lets hope he has another chance in the future but I doubt if he will have as good a one as he did today.

Why do you say that? Murray is getting steadily better and he's already pretty damn good. He's definitely capable of another final and if you watched the last 3 GS finals he contested, today he was the most competitive he's ever been. Onwards and upwards, IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't have anything against murray, but that final set seemed to be more about his unforced errors, and low 'first serve in' percentage than about Federer's game.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Murray was quality, the problem he had is the guy opposite was playing like a wizard in that second session. Some of the top & back spin returns were incredible!!

It must be frustrating to know you're so close yet have the equivalent of Ivan Drago to beat :lolol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You really are a fuckwit of HIGHEST order. The match was 4 hours, Murray forced the best tennis out of Federer he is capable of playing.

Your bitterness and lack if intellect is noted.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On that basis, other than Redgrave I'm struggling.

On that basis the only sportsman ever you can think of as finest british sportsman who has achieved something is Redgrave? Not Fred Perry? Not olympians like Duncan Goodhew, Roger Bannister, linford christie, Seb Coe? Not boxers like Frank Bruno, Barry McGuigan and countless other british champs? Not all those british cricketers who have won ashes? Not the Rugby world cup winners? Not the 1966 football world cup winners? Not the numerous footballers to have won european championships (champions leagues etc)?

Out of all the british sportsmen to have achieved something in their chosen field and thus eligible for the title of finest sportsman (in keeping with Common as Mook's basis) is Redgrave?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Why do you say that? Murray is getting steadily better and he's already pretty damn good. He's definitely capable of another final and if you watched the last 3 GS finals he contested, today he was the most competitive he's ever been. Onwards and upwards, IMO.

Absolutely spot on mate

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports