Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take down your shorts Murray, you are about to get spanked.

what will happen in this match?

• will murray get rogered

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • will roger, roger murray

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • will roger get rogered

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I really thought it was going to be Murray's time. Everything seemed to click into place, especially Rafa getting knocked out early. No shame at the end by showing his emotions with a few tears and appreciating the crowd's support this last fortnight. He was clearly gutted. Wouldn't be surprised if he won the US Open in September after his near miss and that would be great to see.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I hate Murray because he is Scottish. As a man, he seems ok, not much personality but generally alright. I don't mind the fact he clearly hates the English because I openly hate the Scots. That's just how it should be and is why I'm abso-f***ing-lutely DELIGHTED he got beaten today.

Objectively, looking at his talents, I think he makes the most of what he has and clearly works hard. Good for him. He is undoubtedly the fourth best in the world because he very rarely loses a big match to anyone other than Rafa/Roger/Novak. I think the difference is he just doesn't have the shots to beat those guys. He's brilliant at keeping the ball in play and has a fighting spirit, but when it comes to technique, class, innovation and other qualities that set you apart he just doesn't have it. Credit to him for the position he's in, but he's a long way from the big three and hopefully always will be.

for once i agree with you,this will probably never happen again:D

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
after today, i felt this deserved a good bounce :bounce:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Where IS Piersa?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He has now achieved. Deserved hyperbole. Before that, he had done the square root of dick all.

You have high standards. He had beaten the top players on a regular basis. He had won masters and pretty much done everything apart from winning a major. 'Dick all' is something we should all aim for.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You have high standards. He had beaten the top players on a regular basis. He had won masters and pretty much done everything apart from winning a major. 'Dick all' is something we should all aim for.

I'm talking in real sporting terms. The pinnacle of any sport is winning something "major"

England beat Spain in a friendly. Doesn't make them the greatest team on the earth. Sportmen are judged on what they win, nothing more; you may find that unfortunate but it's a fact of life. Colin Montgomerie will be lauded as a nice bloke and a good golfer, but he'd swap that in an instant for a major.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I'm talking in real sporting terms. The pinnacle of any sport is winning something "major"

England beat Spain in a friendly. Doesn't make them the greatest team on the earth. Sportmen are judged on what they win, nothing more; you may find that unfortunate but it's a fact of life. Colin Montgomerie will be lauded as a nice bloke and a good golfer, but he'd swap that in an instant for a major.

Therefore, Brighton and Hove Albion = a complete failure and a total waste of space as a football club. Discuss.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Therefore, Brighton and Hove Albion = a complete failure and a total waste of space as a football club. Discuss.

We are not the best in the world or the finest sporting team this country has ever produced, no. What we are is currently fairly successful at our level. I don't understand your point?

[MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION] - just an aside on last nights praise for Murray, I'd also say that some Olympians or someone like Nick Faldo (multiple major winner) are the finest individual sportsmen that GB has ever produced. Mind you, that could change if Murray wins multiple majors.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has now achieved. Deserved hyperbole. Before that, he had done the square root of dick all.

Meh. Anyone with half a brain could see he was going to win a Slam very soon. He's a quality, quality player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Some people use their noggins though and take into account the OPPOSITION. If Murray was playing in the days of Henman he would've cleaned up. Agassi said as much.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Some people use their noggins though and take into account the OPPOSITION. If Murray was playing in the days of Henman he would've cleaned up. Agassi said as much.

Some people do,I agree. We are talking about guesswork though aren't we.

I'm not denying his quality - just saying you need to win things to be defined as "great". Surely that is easy enough to understand?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some people do,I agree. We are talking about guesswork though aren't we.

I'm not denying his quality - just saying you need to win things to be defined as "great". Surely that is easy enough to understand?

He's won a number of matches against some of the best players in the world EVER. Messi hasn't won a World Cup, does that really stop him being truly great?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here