Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Sussex’s Finest Property For Sale

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
As any realtor will tell you , it’s better to buy the smallest house in the best area than the biggest house in not a great area . Location always wins , certainly when it comes to property inflation.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It has a better floor plan and in a much better area , although off the busy Dyke rd Ave which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea .

Iroquois Boy

Dec 30, 2013
I swim most mornings at the buckle and this property has always intrigued me. I was told it was a pub back in the dayd but is now used as an airb&b - thi ks its over priced - offer 1.2m and accept 1.4m - would want it ad a permanent home.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Because that is always the single most important thing when buying a home :facepalm:
You are quite right of course , it’s not . But if you are savvy you can make some easy dollars by being careful where you buy so when you do sell sometime in the future the more in demand and desirable the area the higher the selling price you will get.

For example if say 10 years ago you bought a 4 bed semi with a large garden on a new development in say peace haven or hangelton etc and you sold it at the start of 2022 without doing any major building work to extend etc you would make a decent profit through house price inflation.

However if 10 years ago , instead of buying the 4 bed semi with a large garden in one of those areas you bought a 4 bed terraced house with a smaller garden in say poets corner in Hove and went to sell it at the start of 2022, you would have made on average around £50,000 more money .

If you don’t believe me , study the buying and selling prices on rightmove in different areas , you will be amazed at the difference in returns over the last 10 years .

It’s not a consideration for everyone I completely accept but it is a way to increase your capital if you are careful where you buy .

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If you’re talking about views, I nearly bought this first floor 2 bed flat at Bracklesham Bay in 2012. It was on sale for £160k and needed £30k to renovate. It would’ve been a holiday home, but decided against it. Wish I hadn’t now.
IMG_1082.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This used to be a proper pub, garden, the works . . . Some twat has f***ing ruined it, in spades, with PL-VAR infused glitter on top . . . It doesn't even look like a nice house!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I swim most mornings at the buckle and this property has always intrigued me. I was told it was a pub back in the dayd but is now used as an airb&b - thi ks its over priced - offer 1.2m and accept 1.4m - would want it ad a permanent home.
See post #33 for a link to a photo of when it was a pub.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I mean I wouldnt turn it down if it were offered to me but it's pretty soulless as it is and the back of the house needs some work/a garden of some sort installed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here