Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **Sussex v Hampshire ,LV County Championship - Division One, 7-10 June 2015, Hove **

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All that shows is how stupid Mark Robinson was in not getting a front line spinner signed in the winter.

And that there are not a great deal of brains out on the field. Why leave the partnership breaker / pie chucker on for another over, when Irvine had been dismissed in the last over?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And that there are not a great deal of brains out on the field. Why leave the partnership breaker / pie chucker on for another over, when Irvine had been dismissed in the last over?

As has been shown all season, Sussex have an agreement that once we get the opposition 7 down we stop trying.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

And he's STILL bowling.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I suspect the pitch is taking spin, so as Wells is the spinner, Joyce thought give him another over.

There are a number of things not correct at the moment. The batsmen try and score too quickly, hence the collapses. The quicks cannot stay fit and there is no spinner.

Now Maggs will be English soon, so hopefully Simon Harmer will be signed as the overseas player for the rest of the season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The pitch does not have the demons of the Warwicks game in it.

We batted poorly, chasing wide ones and find the edge of the bat, rather than the pitch being our undoing.

Now I am sure the comedians on here will feed on this, as their fresh 8 year old joke is still running.

However, Sussex have some serious issues at present and these I suspect are coaching ones. this is the best squad since 2006 (needs a spinner), but the batting keeps falling apart.
I strongly prefer the 8 year old "joke" to your tediously repeated assertions that the coaching staff at Sussex CCC is in some way substandard despite all evidence to the contrary over the past ten years. e.g Who do you think helped Will Beer transform his T20 batting capabilities over the last three years or so? Or got someone like Matt Hobden to the point where he could make a first class 50? And don't come back at me about Beer's bowling not kicking on as hoped - that is incredibly common in young spinners and has got nothing to do with an absence of high quality coaching at Sussex.

Our batters have had to play on mainly poor pitches this year where a positive approach is generally regarded as sensible. The likes of Wells, Yardy, Joyce, Cachopa, Wright and Brown are entirely capable of batting to suit conditions and formats. Nash and Machan live by the sword and that is also OK.

Yes, we aren't winning trophies but then who is outside of the International grounds circuit...?

So easy to be negative but so far from the truth.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pants slide gently in to the lead, I'm trying not to think how much damage they can do with 3 wickets left and a wearing ball.

Starting to think of our reply which will go along the lines of 19-2....27-3....52-3.....80-4....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pants slide gently in to the lead, I'm trying not to think how much damage they can do with 3 wickets left and a wearing ball.

Staring to think of our reply which will go along the lines of 19-2....27-3....52-3.....80-4....

and at some stage 117-6 when Luke Wright is out for a brisk 27.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wells 4 overs for 35.

Hundred partnership up.

Cracking stuff Sussex

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We have injury's to our front line bowlers, Hobden and HP would be back up but are playing key roles.

If we can get two or three batsman firing here in the second innings, we still have a chance as both sides look vulnerable. I cannot remember the last time we had so many injury's.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I strongly prefer the 8 year old "joke" to your tediously repeated assertions that the coaching staff at Sussex CCC is in some way substandard despite all evidence to the contrary over the past ten years. e.g Who do you think helped Will Beer transform his T20 batting capabilities over the last three years or so? Or got someone like Matt Hobden to the point where he could make a first class 50? And don't come back at me about Beer's bowling not kicking on as hoped - that is incredibly common in young spinners and has got nothing to do with an absence of high quality coaching at Sussex.

Our batters have had to play on mainly poor pitches this year where a positive approach is generally regarded as sensible. The likes of Wells, Yardy, Joyce, Cachopa, Wright and Brown are entirely capable of batting to suit conditions and formats. Nash and Machan live by the sword and that is also OK.

Yes, we aren't winning trophies but then who is outside of the International grounds circuit...?

So easy to be negative but so far from the truth.

My criticism of the coaching is regarding the batting not the bowling.

Sussex have a happy habit of taking slightly damaged bowlers (Jordan, Shazad, Anyon, Monty etc) and sorting them out,

However the bulk of the current coaching staff (Robinson, Davies and Lewis) were all bowlers and I would suggest our questionable batting techniques are reflected in this. Too often yesterday and I am told at Nottingham, our batsmen got themselves out, rather than the bowling doing them. As the score is now showing, this pitch is not full of demons, Hampshire have a lead.

So you can have a go at me for being negative, but in the last few seasons, too often in games we have not scored the runs, this season we only have 11 batting points. Yet we have a top 6 in this game, that have all played international cricket to some level, yet they cannot get the scores.

The Hove wicket was bad for the 2 previous games, but not this one. The coaching being offered to the batsmen is not bringing the desired results.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Record partnership

Ton up for the number 8

70 for the number 9, as he deposits it onto the pavilion roof

Devastating partnership of Wells and Nash in harness.

FFS.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Who is the Aussie player in the commentary box now, says he is good mates with Ben Brown - plays for the Brisbane heat, and contracted to Western Australia?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here