Supporters club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
If you don't go to the games you aint a supporter,i would not wish to join any "official"or "unofficial" supporters group but no****inway will I slam those that do.
He aint a fan,he is a petty minded wind up merchant.

Disregard
Pretty Pink fairy
you don't know where i've been or what i do so how did you come to that presumption ???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I couldn't do better, fair question TB. it would be interesting to know how many members other supporters clubs have, in the Championship that is.

I'll ask at the next committee meeting as 2 of our members go to the Supporters Federation meetings too. I think Supporter clubs generally are decreasing in number due to the internet etc .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you don't go to the games you aint a supporter,i would not wish to join any "official"or "unofficial" supporters group but no****inway will I slam those that do.
He aint a fan,he is a petty minded wind up merchant.

Disregard
Pretty Pink fairy

"If you don't go to games you aint a supporter"
Odd statement, what about the exiled fans, a few in Aus on here, plus people that cant afford to go or are ill?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"If you don't go to games you aint a supporter"
Odd statement, what about the exiled fans, a few in Aus on here, plus people that cant afford to go or are ill?

There's a difference between being unable to go & choosing not to go, but then you knew that.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
The advent of groups such as North-West Sussex Seagulls, Mid-Sussex Seagulls, and Seagulls over Burwash hasn't helped the official Supporters Club either. Although these other groups were set up primarily to arrange cheap coach travel to and from the Amex for games, they have also become unofficial supporters clubs in their own right.

Don't forget us, if they really wanted more numbers they'd promote it more and as for only having 300 members Seagulls Downunder has that and were the otherside of the planet.
Many times in the early days of setting up SDU I asked for some advise from them, sending email's and even messages via Facebook to those running it, never had one reply.
The only way to run a successful supporters club is to promote and you don't even need special offers to get large numbers onboard, lets face it all you really want is to have some connection with the club go to a few events
each year and have a chinwag over a few beers, it's not rocket science.
On the club web site they're listed as being the largest of the supporters clubs, not for much longer if they don't pull their finger out.
Why don't they just give membership to all season ticket holders bugger the joining fee, bingo!! there you have it over 20,000 members of the supporters club.
I'm sure if it was looked in to you'd find most League 2 sides have more members of their supporters club than we do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't forget us, if they really wanted more numbers they'd promote it more and as for only having 300 members Seagulls Downunder has that and were the otherside of the planet.
Many times in the early days of setting up SDU I asked for some advise from them, sending email's and even messages via Facebook to those running it, never had one reply.
The only way to run a successful supporters club is to promote and you don't even need special offers to get large numbers onboard, lets face it all you really want is to have some connection with the club go to a few events
On the club web site they're listed as being the largest of the supporters clubs, not for much longer if they don't pull their finger out.
Why don't they just give membership to all season ticket holders bugger the joining fee, bingo!! there you have it over 20,000 members of the supporters club.
I'm sure if it was looked in to you'd find most League 2 sides have more members of their supporters club than we do.

There is no joining fee. As I said previously, there were leaflets put into every programme last year. I think you will also find that some of your members belong to both, as Tim sends his newsletter to Australia.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Over 300 MEMBERS in AUS fair play to you, this post spells out what others ( taking the pi$$ or not) are trying to find out.:thumbsup:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I agree, & have never pretended otherwise. It tells you something that 3 of the committee members were on the Falmer For All campaign. Those that can, do.

I don't think anyone is doubting whats been done by the SC in the past but you probably need a much big presence now than you have at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think anyone is doubting whats been done by the SC in the past but you probably need a much big presence now than you have at the moment.

We realise that, which is why we have the Facebook section now, but I have been busy. The Brighton & Hove coach at away games is also a visible presence.
I think that ex pats are more likely to join a group like yours when they are limited to TV games & a couple of visits to the UK.
As I said, the internet seems to have taken over now, without the need for commitment. It's so easy to knock those who are trying to do something, whilst doing nothing themselves, which was why Phil was right about pink fairy trolling.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I recently re-joined the Supporters Club after a 20 year absence. I don't regard them as the definitive voice of the club supporters, but then again, I don't think they do either. If something happens at the club and the media approach them that's the way it is. I've heard no outlandish claims from them to be something they are not.

So some people decide to attack them, which is fine if constructive, but some of the personal abuse issued from folk on here, whilst hiding behind their usernames in a cowardly way, says nothing except about the person who wrote it.

So it has been a relief to see most of this debate conducted in a reasoned manner. I think the opinion that supporter groups have been polarised by the new media age holds a lot of water. And that's fine, let people join whichever group they wish, there is space for us all. And no-one is greater than the other.

One thing that the Supporters Club DOESN'T seem to do is attempt to communicate with Albion fans generally. Nor do they seem to do much to recruit new members (apart from folk who want to travel on their coaches).

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports