Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters club

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think it's great that Burwash a small village in Kent can have great surpporters club and spread the word and encourage fans over the boarder to follow the Albion!!! Don't forget to get your papers from the local newsagent!!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think it's great that Burwash a small village in Kent can have great surpporters club and spread the word and encourage fans over the boarder to follow the Albion!!! Don't forget to get your papers from the local newsagent!!!

I am sure there is a joke in this post, but its well hidden!!:mad:

In case this is not some ironic nonsense that I don't understand, BURWASH IS IN EAST SUSSEX.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you read the Matchday Programme you might be fooled into believing only those in the supporters club go to away games and no-one else does.

Also the homophobic compilation list managed to even annoy the club as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The advent of groups such as North-West Sussex Seagulls, Mid-Sussex Seagulls, and Seagulls over Burwash hasn't helped the official Supporters Club either. Although these other groups were set up primarily to arrange cheap coach travel to and from the Amex for games, they have also become unofficial supporters clubs in their own right.

You have called it the official Supporters Club twice in two posts. There is no such thing as an Official supporters club. It is the oldest which is why it is called plain old Supporters club. As you rightly say there are lots of groups but most of those are more travel groups.

For those who say the supporters club ought to do more, there was a leaflet in every programme last year with information about how to join and the cost ie £5 a year which entitles you to a newsletter every month and £1 off the coach travel to away games. If you go to more than 5 away games, then you've recouped that expense.
There is also a Facebook account but it has lapsed because I haven't kept it up to date.

As Buzzer rightly says, if people don't see any benefit then they won't want to join it. I'm not sure what else we can do tbh. It certainly isn't exclusive or cliquey, as I don't know anyone who has been refused membership.
As has been suggested, the internet forums have taken over a lot of the supporter's club role of keeping people informed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
why the criticism? ok the SC might not be everyone's cup of tea (laddish, drinking, keyboard warriors remembering the violent days thru rose tinted specs) but it appeals to some so they join. It runs coaches to every match, campaigned strongly for Amex and against Archer, Bellotti and Stanley, produces decent newsletters, supports other clubs' fundraising, holds quizzes, gets senior club officials to attend meetings, is exceptionally well organised, plus more. No I'm not an active member but have no problem in the SC doing what it does?

What do you do for the club and (some of) its fans?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So after 3 pages, I still have no idea what the supporters club thing is. Must be c**p

A small number of individuals on a message board don't know what it the SC is all about, so that makes it crap does it? There are 300 members of the SC, plus many members of other supporters groups, the handful on this thread disparaging it are not a reflective cross section of Albion supporters either.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
A small number of individuals on a message board don't know what it the SC is all about, so that makes it crap does it? There are 300 members of the SC, plus many members of other supporters groups, the handful on this thread disparaging it are not a reflective cross section of Albion supporters either.

Cool.

Jan 30, 2008
a small number of individuals on a message board don't know what it the sc is all about, so that makes it crap does it? There are 300 members of the sc, plus many members of other supporters groups, the handful on this thread disparaging it are not a reflective cross section of albion supporters either.
stop kidding yourself :facepalm:
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

26,000 + fans at the AMEX nearly 2,000 away at Yeovil, 300 in the main supporters club, are we missing something? :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
26,000 + fans at the AMEX nearly 2,000 away at Yeovil, 300 in the main supporters club, are we missing something? :shrug:

That depends on what you want. The supporters club will run a coach to every single away game whether it is full or not. They very often take up the extra when other coaches cancel. They also take the old and disabled. Maybe you could do better?

Jan 30, 2008
you could link them to the 300 Spartans, stood their ground against overwhelming odds :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
That depends on what you want. The supporters club will run a coach to every single away game whether it is full or not. They very often take up the extra when other coaches cancel. They also take the old and disabled. Maybe you could do better?
fair play on that but that's a small minority in the grand scheme of things isn't it
regards
DR

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

No, I was pointing out that a few people on here are having a snide dig at the SC, because they (say they) don't know much about them. You mention 2000 at Yeovil, I bet quite a few of that 300 were there, together with other supporters group members, certainly more than there are on here. Of course I do understand there is an agenda here. I doubt they'll find many sensible responses on here from members, the one reply they got from a member was given short shrift. It's clear that the posters asking about the SC, don't really want to know about the SC, they are just trolling, belittling anyone that stands up for it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
fair play on that but that's a small minority in the grand scheme of things isn't it
regards
DR
I agree, & have never pretended otherwise. It tells you something that 3 of the committee members were on the Falmer For All campaign. Those that can, do.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I couldn't do better, fair question TB. it would be interesting to know how many members other supporters clubs have, in the Championship that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here