[Albion] Supporter victims of theft in Athens.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
If it was today the buggers would have stuck a knife in me. Still wouldn't have given it to them though, it's got the village cricket fixtures tucked inside.

It was a strange series of matches that year (92/93). We had trouble at four North-West matches in a row. Away from the ground incidents. I think Wigan was where someone got a clobber from an NF bloke. I'm not sure what it's like these days. But it seems more aggressive out there. Bolton and Oldham (no surprise) I think were the others.
I genuinely thought you were going to go off on a tangent about the 1993 village cricket fixtures when I read that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I genuinely thought you were going to go off on a tangent about the 1993 village cricket fixtures when I read that.
You'd be forgiven for thinking so, any excuse.

That was the only year when I took a wicket with my first ball of the season. An LBW on Broadwater Green.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I also wondered why his village was playing so many Northern teams 🤣
Stopped playing them. Crowd trouble. That said I (I've found a tangent @Sid and the Sharknados) I remember the match at Burnley when we walked past a cricket pitch by the ground. They were playing very early for the season.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Stopped playing them. Crowd trouble. That said I (I've found a tangent @Sid and the Sharknados) I remember the match at Burnley when we walked past a cricket pitch by the ground. They were playing very early for the season.
I went in the bar at Burnley CC after the first match of the season before last (so, 2021?). It was obviously still cricket season so Burnley were playing and England were playing a test which was on the tele.
I got chatting to James Anderson's cousin. I suspect everybody in there would have told me they were James Anderson's cousin.
I drank far to much that day and woke up the next morning to find I'd taken a load of pictures of the bridge over Manchester Road Station.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went in the bar at Burnley CC after the first match of the season before last (so, 2021?). It was obviously still cricket season so Burnley were playing and England were playing a test which was on the tele.
I got chatting to James Anderson's cousin. I suspect everybody in there would have told me they were James Anderson's cousin.
I drank far to much that day and woke up the next morning to find I'd taken a load of pictures of the bridge over Manchester Road Station.
Such a tame end to that sentence...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My youngest lad did all 3 euro aways, I only did The Dam. We each bought passport sized money belts that can be worn beneath shirt, 9 quid on Amazon. We’re obviously getting at least one more euro trip, why not buy one now? It terrifies me th thought of losing cards, cash, phone, passport. All of those slot in waterproof and skin tight, totally secure, peace of mind, so you can focus on beer and birds.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Was up by the acropolis and daughter was wearing her Brighton shirt and out the blue another female came up to her and gave her a hug. Think this was an attempted pick pocket but luckily daughter was on the ball and nothing taken

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was up by the acropolis and daughter was wearing her Brighton shirt and out the blue another female came up to her and gave her a hug. Think this was an attempted pick pocket but luckily daughter was on the ball and nothing taken
Pickpocketing of phones used to be rife at gigs in Brighton about a decade or so ago. Both me and a friend had ours lifted. Mine was deep in my front pocket; I’m still puzzled how they got mine. I presumed I’d dropped it until I asked at the end and there were about a dozen other victims.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, yes. I keep hearing about this cocaine thing from all sides. I've never got that, it's such a dirty and aggressive drug. Maybe they should try MDNA instead like they did at raves. The huge round of applause at the announcement of the away attendance coming from the North Stand would be a sight to behold. They would have to bring that back.

'The referee's not very good, but we appreciate him trying...'
Well....it all depends on how much bicarb and rat poison is mixed in with it. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pickpocketing of phones used to be rife at gigs in Brighton about a decade or so ago. Both me and a friend had ours lifted. Mine was deep in my front pocket; I’m still puzzled how they got mine. I presumed I’d dropped it until I asked at the end and there were about a dozen other victims.
I remember a load of our postgrads went on the lash in London around 15 years ago and at least seven of them 'lost' their phones.

I have little sympathy. Be more careful. Innit. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When it comes to carelessness....I was on the 11 bus from Chelsea to Victoria 20 years ago on my way to Gatwick and Germany. I sauntered into the station and bought my train ticket, then realized my passport was gone. I jumped into a taxi and said 'can you drive down Victoria Street and catch up with the 11 bus? My passport is on it'. We caught it up at parliament square in stationary traffic. I nipped out of the cab, rushed to the bus, and the conductor swung round the pole, handing me my passport, with a cheery grin. Back in the cab we circled the square, and I got to Victoria and my train just before it left. I had given the cabbie £10 for a £3 job. Fair's fare.

And.....I exhaled.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Presumably you reported it stolen to your mobile phone provider within 24 hours. If you do, any subsequent calls will be capped at £100 and the reason for this is that they will remove your sim and use it to phone premium rate overseas numbers linked to criminal gangs.

I had my phone lifted whilst on the tram in Athens last year and within 5 minutes they were calling premium rate numbers in Uganda. Phone lock makes no difference if they remove sim. That's why I now have sim lock activated on my phone and a cap on charges outside my allowance. More often then not they'll chuck your phone in the bin, the value is in the sim.
Thanks for that . My sim was already capped at 5 pounds. Now cancelled. The phone was finger print protected but have changed passwords linked to apps as an added precaution. It has certainly spooked me, I found myself very jumpy when out shopping today.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I must admit strolling around the Apocalypse in the afternoon I was always aware of possible pocket pilferage.

The thought of losing my powder blue faux leather passport cover kept me focussed, even after a couple of caraffes of house red.
Why on earth didn’t you buy a nice burgundy cover ? So much classier than powder blue !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
loads were taken last month at a concert.... Prodigy I think...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was sitting in traffic on the road up to tower bridge and this fella riding a bike was swiping phones from office types while they were on a call. The speed of it was crazy he was obviously a seasoned campaigner. Felt sorry for the victims and now have a monkey type grip on my phone if I’m out and about.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Wore a Bum Bag over my torso at both Marseille and Athens and didn't get anything even attempted to get nicked, useful things those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports