Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sunglasses

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My first pair was one pound 10 shillings - thirty bob. Had to sit in the bath to shrink them to fit as so much dye came out they couldn’t be washed with other clothes. Quality was about 10 times better than ones these days and they lasted until they went ice blue.
Loved those jeans. Took forever to clean the bath though😂

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mine are better, because I know they fit my FACE. Not overly bothered about cost as long as its south of £150 and I know I'm getting quality.

I am notoriously fussy - I was split between 3 pairs (£106, £122, £140), and ponced about for about 20 minutes trying them all on. In the end, I decided the £122 pair were a better shape for me - the pair in your link hang too low for me, the lenses look too big. Its why I can never buy sunglasses online - I HAVE to try them on first before committing, especially when I'm pushing serious wedge (and I don't mean needing a shit).

The doris got bored, sloped off and left me to it in the end, but I don't intend buying another pair unless these get lost or broke, so I'm tediously fastidious and I don't care how long it takes. Its my age, I think.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Mine are better, because I know they fit my FACE. Not overly bothered about cost as long as its south of £150 and I know I'm getting quality.

I am notoriously fussy - I was split between 3 pairs (£106, £122, £140), and ponced about for about 20 minutes trying them all on. In the end, I decided the £122 pair were a better shape for me - the pair in your link hang too low for me, the lenses look too big. Its why I can never buy sunglasses online - I HAVE to try them on first before committing, especially when I'm pushing serious wedge (and I don't mean needing a shit).

The doris got bored, sloped off and left me to it in the end, but I don't intend buying another pair unless these get lost or broke, so I'm tediously fastidious and I don't care how long it takes. It’s my age, I think.
Agree, there are so many different types of Wayfarer’s in size and shape in the Rayban range you need to try them on. The old style look ridiculous on me but the ‘new’ Wayfarer style range fit perfectly.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I like a nice pair of Prada sunnies. I remember when I lived in Oz we went to the Hawkesbury River, and I was holding my daughter who must have been two years old. She took my pair of Pradas off my head and threw them into the river, and then said "Oh Daddy, your glasses fell into the river". She's almost 15 now and I still remind her of it, and that she owes me £200
I had a nice pair of Prada sunnies yesterday afternoon when I went to the pub. I foolishly thought they would be fine being left on my coffee table. My puppy had other ideas. He will be 1 on Saturday. It’s touch and go if he’ll get anywhere close to 2!

IMG_2303.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here