Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sunglasses

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have 3 pairs of very dark blue jeans, Levi 501, Lyle & Scott and one very expensive Italian brand which I won’t mention as someone will say hooligan :smile: I’m definitely over 40.
I wouldn’t wear skinny jeans or the Jeremy Clarkson type.
SI label was ruined the day it merged with an American clothing brand and went main stream. Used to be one of favourites back in the day. Superb fabrics and designs have turned into a mess of bright colours designed for the rap culture.

Short Skinny jeans and no socks what the feck is that all about looks ridiculous 🙄

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I paid £122 for a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer style Mr Burbank sunglasses at Gatwick last week on the way to my holiday destination. I felt mildly MUGGED OFF, but compared with the prices at Sunglasses Hut in town, these to my slightly troubled mind seemed half decent value, being as the duty free discount had them down from £145. And I have to say, they are the absolute cuffing business. The lenses are fantastic, and everyone says I look like Rock Hudson.

My beloved original Ray-Bans from 2019 were THIEVED from the dash of a hire car when I returned it, without realising I'd left them there (f*ck YOU Enterprise, and the light-fingered FILTH you employ), but I am at last happy with my new investment.

So. What are you happy to pay for sunglasses ? And what brand ?
Mrs G bought me a pair of Ray Bans for my fortieth birthday (29) years ago, she paid £120.plus then, they were the Dogs I’d always had cheap sunnies until then, the lens seemed to make my eyes feel cool as well as looking cool, I was always Worried about losing or breaking them but managed to keep them unscratched and in as new condition, my sight began to deteriorate as I got older and eventually was unable to wear them as I needed spectacles so I invested in varifocal sunnies from spec savers and the Ray Bans spent the last seven years in the cars glove box, two weeks ago I passed them on to one of my sons who is delighted with them though this caused a little friction with another son but he needs specs anyway so would have had the same problem as me. They were definitely worth the money Mrs G paid and when looked after will last a lifetime so great investment Dave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you carry them around? Manbag? Bumbag? Branded glasses case in your pocket (ruining the line of your shorts/chinos/jeans/speedos)?
Man bag

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I own around 20 pairs of sunnies. I have a bunch of Raybans for “everyday use” plus others by Prada, Gucci, D&G which are more for evening wear on holiday and Oakley for snowboarding.

Gucci and D&G are total black out leave me alone whilst the others have varying degrees of protection. The Prada ones are quite light.
:cool::nono::nono::nono::nono:

I pay €10 from a seller on the beach and they last a summer without fail.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
previously I have purchased Oakley sunglasses and went through several pairs as Mrs Blue3 is totally clumsy when it comes to sunglasses care she trod on one pair breaking them them she sat on their replacement and finally put the last pair on wall for safety while loading the car and then driving off leaving them behind!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just you and me who have man bags on here it seems :smile: (well who will admit to it anyway)

Only use mine when travelling though
Always puzzled why more men don’t use them. Stylish and practical :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always puzzled why more men don’t use them. Stylish and practical :shrug:
It’s a very continental Europe thing. All my mates (including females) take the piss out of mine. Peasants

IMG_0686.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a very continental Europe thing. All my mates (including females) take the piss out of mine. Peasants
Potential life-savers in October. When the Marseille ultras are steaming through the old port they’ll look at us and think “hmmmm, two men drinking rosé with man-bags, clearly locals, let’s move on”.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im as blind as a bat so havent normally bought sunglasses as I may look cool but cant see where Im going. But I did recently buy a pair of prescription cycling glasses. Damned expensive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I paid £122 for a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer style Mr Burbank sunglasses at Gatwick last week on the way to my holiday destination. I felt mildly MUGGED OFF, but compared with the prices at Sunglasses Hut in town, these to my slightly troubled mind seemed half decent value, being as the duty free discount had them down from £145. And I have to say, they are the absolute cuffing business. The lenses are fantastic, and everyone says I look like Rock Hudson.

My beloved original Ray-Bans from 2019 were THIEVED from the dash of a hire car when I returned it, without realising I'd left them there (f*ck YOU Enterprise, and the light-fingered FILTH you employ), but I am at last happy with my new investment.

So. What are you happy to pay for sunglasses ? And what brand ?

What’s the difference with these and the ones you bought?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here