Sun reckons Queen wants UK to leave the EU...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There most certainly is, along with video evidence of the so called 'nut jobs' getting a case thrown out of a magistrates court using common law - Check it out. Or don't . That's up to you.

I have and the only thing to be seen are court adjournments. It never results in an actual acquittal or dropping of a case. It would national news if it ever did. Fmotl is a nonsense built on misinterpretation of word meanings and selective acceptance of law to suit an agenda. Common law is nothing more than that determined by practice, by courts, rather than law from Parliament. You can't use law from courts to sidestep courts. And they take their authority from the crown, so tough, you are under the rule of law from crown or Parliament. The Queen is your Queen whether you personally accept or agree with that or not.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Its an odd one this conundrum. Apparently the Queen is German yet if i was to say all second generation Pakistanis (insert any country) with a British passport are not in fact British but still Pakistani and at least the next 5 or 6 generations will still be Pakistani as well,it matters not you or your future offspring have a British passport ,i would be chased post haste up to Cherie Blairs legal chambers with "trigger warnings" and "microaggressions" ringing in my ears.

best go with the modern thinking,our "immigrant" queen is simply not British enough to be called British........now,about the Greeks.......
She's as British as Chris Froome and Mo Farah.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The Welsh can't be bothered. They're too busy fighting amongst themselves.

As one person from Swansea once told me, "I hate Cardiff more than I hate England"

thats about right

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm not a royalist either but the foundations of Great Britain were and are based around the queen wether we like it or not.
The royal family isn't a big part of modern day Britain but it's part of our history and something that should be respected regardless of views as this countries been though a lot and seen a lot.

That's your opinion. 'Great' Britain was made on the back of other nations misery and stolen wealth. It subjugated, tortured, murdered, massacred and raped its way to 'greatness'. We should be ashamed of what this country has done in the past, not celebrate it. As for respecting the history of this country and its monarchs? Well no, I refuse to. No one will ever tell me how or what to think, or who and what I should respect. I'm perfectly capable of making my own decision on such matters.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's your opinion. 'Great' Britain was made on the back of other nations misery and stolen wealth. It subjugated, tortured, murdered, massacred and raped its way to 'greatness'. We should be ashamed of what this country has done in the past, not celebrate it. As for respecting the history of this country and its monarchs? Well no, I refuse to. No one will ever tell me how or what to think, or who and what I should respect. I'm perfectly capable of making my own decision on such matters.

I'm surprised you can bare to even consider yourself British considering the 'shameful history' you describe. Luckily you live in a country where you are free to think and say what you like.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my Five Pounds...

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'm surprised you can bare to even consider yourself British considering the 'shameful history' you describe. Luckily you live in a country where you are free to think and say what you like.
are we really free to say as we like, there is enough evidence in this referendum to prove otherwise. remain inside the EU and freedom of speech will disappear forever..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
are we really free to say as we like, there is enough evidence in this referendum to prove otherwise. remain inside the EU and freedom of speech will disappear forever..

Personally, I think quite the opposite is true.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But you're assuming it's true!

I'd be very surprised if The Sun would run a story of this magnitude without having at least two impeccable sources, this is a different league to the usual tabloid bollocks. I believe she probably is more anti than pro and I believe she probably did disagree with Clegg, albeit 5 years ago. I think that the Palace probably has more political influence than they would like us to believe.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

i take it you dont want my spare ticket for Last Night of the Proms

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

To be fair, none of us have any choice in where we were born. And your right when you say that I'm lucky to live in a country with freedom of speech. It enables me to voice my opinions on the countries brutal past, most of which was done in the name of a King or Queen. In all honesty, even if I lived in a country without freedom, I'd still speak out about brutality. Why? Because its just the right thing to do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm British. Just not a Royalist. My choice I do believe.

Are you thick or what? You're not a Royalist? - OK, fair enough, you take the republican view that you'd like this country to function without a monarchy. No problem with that - but the keywords there are that you'd like this country to function without a monarchy. The fact is, that it is a monarchy, whether you like it or not.
If you are British, you are one of the Queen's subjects, again whether you like it or not. That isn't open to negotiation; it's a fact. You don't have a choice - your only 'choice' is to not like it.
I don't like having a Tory government - I've never voted Tory, and that's a fact. But what is also a fact is that I have had to endure living under a Tory government for much of my life. Just get on with it.
I never wanted to be in the EU and I still don't. But again, the fact has been that we are in it; I don't like it, but I can't pretend it doesn't exist.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Are you thick or what? You're not a Royalist? - OK, fair enough, you take the republican view that you'd like this country to function without a monarchy. No problem with that - but the keywords there are that you'd like this country to function without a monarchy. The fact is, that it is a monarchy, whether you like it or not.
If you are British, you are one of the Queen's subjects, again whether you like it or not. That isn't open to negotiation; it's a fact. You don't have a choice - your only 'choice' is to not like it.
I don't like having a Tory government - I've never voted Tory, and that's a fact. But what is also a fact is that I have had to endure living under a Tory government for much of my life. Just get on with it.
I never wanted to be in the EU and I still don't. But again, the fact has been that we are in it; I don't like it, but I can't pretend it doesn't exist.

Classy :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's your opinion. 'Great' Britain was made on the back of other nations misery and stolen wealth. It subjugated, tortured, murdered, massacred and raped its way to 'greatness'. We should be ashamed of what this country has done in the past, not celebrate it.

I see what you are saying.
If Britain was made on this as you say, it would be fair to say then when you walk out your door today to go to work or do whatever it is you are doing, you yourself are a beneficiary of this illicit stolen wealth, torture, murder, massacre and rape, and you also realise it.

Armed with this realisation and that you are ashamed what are you going to do about it?

There are clearly many countries according to you that have been disadvantaged by the British, why dont you put your own moral mouth where your self proclaimed virtue is and voluntarily give up your illicitly gained job to someone in the world who has suffered under the British.

When you have done this and wiped your individual slate clean come back and lecture everyone else on how our standards of living are ill-gotten.

or you could just rant on and moralise like everyone else of the same ilk.

ps if you ever want that spare ticket for the Proms its yours,its a lovely setting to hear a nice bit of Elgar

just look at all those people ashamed of their country

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd be very surprised if The Sun would run a story of this magnitude without having at least two impeccable sources, this is a different league to the usual tabloid bollocks. I believe she probably is more anti than pro and I believe she probably did disagree with Clegg, albeit 5 years ago. I think that the Palace probably has more political influence than they would like us to believe.

The Sun will run a story if it has sources, yes. I doubt very much whether they are impeccable. Murdoch's crew do what they want and get away with it. They've proven so in the past and the only lesson they have learned (or they think they have learned), is that they believe they are untouchable.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Heard the editor of the Sun on the radio, explaining they had 'multiple sources' for their story. Turns out this means 2.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting that they reckon Michael Gove is the SAUCE of this

Whatever the Queens thinks you'd think there would be some respect. Gove's gets on the sauce at Murdoch's wedding and can't keep his mouth shut, he does nothing for the reputation of politicians...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports