Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun reckons Queen wants UK to leave the EU...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If the Royal Family really are politically neutral and are supposed to stay out of political debate then why was she sitting down with a table full of leading politicians discussing the EU in the first place?

In the Scottish Independence Referendum she urged Scottish voters to "think very carefully" before voting, a comment widely reported as being Pro-Union. However, given that all the polls suggest the Scots are more pro-EU than England by indicating she supports Brexit she makes it more likely we'll further alienate the Scots, potentially provoking a second independence referendum caused by the impending loss of EU membership, thereby potentially breaking up the UK Union and pissing on her own chips.

But you're assuming it's true!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
my heritage goes back beyond the Normans .....................................how long does hers go back or even yours
not my Queen .......and never will .................................................please forgive me Mother

EDIT just a thought and I have to admire here for it she made thatcher stand at her weekly meetings apparently
In regard to the law of our country, she is the Queen. Wishful thinking does not enter the equation.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Well if The Sun is going to campaign for 'out', the 'pro' group should be worried!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You may not recognise her as your Queen, but it doesn't change the fact that she is. About as useful as saying you don't recognise speed limits or anything you don't like.

sure you can recognise her as a person, and there are things to admire about her, but she is no better than most mums in this country and no better than you or I
random fate that she was born into the royals like it was random fate that you and I were not

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well of course the story is true. It comes from an impeccable source, published in a highly respected newspaper.

Any reigning monarch would want to defend their turf from the encroachment of those nasty EU types...

God bless you maam

:salute:

And... "Any reigning Murdoch would want to defend their turf from the encroachment of those nasty EU types..."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In regard to the law of our country, she is the Queen. Wishful thinking does not enter the equation.

36th grandson (ALONG WITH ABOUT 20.0000 OTHERS) to William the Conquerer, so when the Plantagenets come back I AM CLAIMING THE THRONE :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
sure you can recognise her as a person, and there are things to admire about her, but she is no better than most mums in this country and no better than you or I
random fate that she was born into the royals like it was random fate that you and I were not

Most Mums can retire at 60 or 65 without having to do royal duties. I'm fairly sure she has days where she thinks she can't be bothered to open another library or lay another foundation stone, but she keeps going despite being nearly 90. She has served this country well.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It is a sad fact that the Murdoch press is able to command such influence over their readership that many will vote based on "WOT THE SUN FINKS" so out is almost a nailed on certainty. Throw the paper with the largest circulation, the Daily Heil, and its almost a foregone conclusion. The middle class wretches that read that shit are, by association, xenophonbic and nationalist whilst the Suns "man in a van" readership accounts for a huge swathe of the ill informed working class with axes to grind of their own.

I am also an OUT supporter because every bone in my body tells me that the EU is holed below the waterline already and totally unsustainable in the long term. Britain leaving, in my view, is an imperative to preserve our country when the union implodes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is a sad fact that the Murdoch press is able to command such influence over their readership that many will vote based on "WOT THE SUN FINKS" so out is almost a nailed on certainty. Throw the paper with the largest circulation, the Daily Heil, and its almost a foregone conclusion. The middle class wretches that read that shit are, by association, xenophonbic and nationalist whilst the Suns "man in a van" readership accounts for a huge swathe of the ill informed working class with axes to grind of their own.

I am also an OUT supporter because every bone in my body tells me that the EU is holed below the waterline already and totally unsustainable in the long term. Britain leaving, in my view, is an imperative to preserve our country when the union implodes.

is the right answer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most Mums can retire at 60 or 65 without having to do royal duties. I'm fairly sure she has days where she thinks she can't be bothered to open another library or lay another foundation stone, but she keeps going despite being nearly 90. She has served this country well.

Sigh. It can't be that difficult if she's still doing it at her age, can it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

is the right answer

Indeed our 300 year old Union will implode. We better re-build Hadrians wall with razor wire to keep all those migrants out, if we're gonna be little England we best do it properly

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed our 300 year old Union will implode. We better re-build Hadrians wall with razor wire to keep all those migrants out, if we're gonna be little England we best do it properly

thens there the welsh question?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Fair enough with your second para - I respect your opinion. But in your first para you say that a very large number of people who share your view on the In/Out question - indeed, enough to swing the vote - are 'xenophobic' and 'ill-informed... with axes to grind'. Obviously, I wouldn't suggest that any NSC poster is like that, but it does make you wonder...

Yours, etc 'Lying Wet Dreams Tory'

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They are. The Queen is British, albeit 6-7th generation immigrant.

Its an odd one this conundrum. Apparently the Queen is German yet if i was to say all second generation Pakistanis (insert any country) with a British passport are not in fact British but still Pakistani and at least the next 5 or 6 generations will still be Pakistani as well,it matters not you or your future offspring have a British passport ,i would be chased post haste up to Cherie Blairs legal chambers with "trigger warnings" and "microaggressions" ringing in my ears.

best go with the modern thinking,our "immigrant" queen is simply not British enough to be called British........now,about the Greeks.......

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
If the Royal Family really are politically neutral and are supposed to stay out of political debate then why was she sitting down with a table full of leading politicians discussing the EU in the first place?

Seriously?

She's the head of state. Of course she'll be talking politics with politicians.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She's only PRETENDING to hate the EU to avoid Brighton Fella calling her horrid names.

Fair enough with your second para - I respect your opinion. But in your first para you say that a very large number of people who share your view on the In/Out question - indeed, enough to swing the vote - are 'xenophobic' and 'ill-informed... with axes to grind'. Obviously, I wouldn't suggest that any NSC poster is like that, but it does make you wonder...

Yours, etc 'Lying Wet Dreams Tory'

I get the feeling your still a bit traumatised from your encounters on that other thread .. do you need a hug?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here