Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The lad must have mental health issues. Perhaps a little time away from football might help him...well that and a bloody big muzzle.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
lol I'd be surprised if FIFA give Suarez the meaningful ban he deserves. Maybe one for PR purposes. All they care about is money, if Suarez is not playing, there will be less interest in that game, which results in less people watching (both on TV and in the stadium) which then results in less money. Less money = less profits. FIFA logic dictates they shouldn't ban Suarez.

Personally he has a serious issue that needs addressing, 3 fairly unprovoked times is excessive to say the least.

He's a star but not in the Maradona league. If they ban him or not it won't be because of financial considerations.

I don't think we will see him playing in England again though. He won't want to come back and Liverpool will cash in.

I think also that he technically receive a league ban in such circumstances.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
[tweet]481500990328557569[/tweet]

You inspired me to get creative :thumbsup:

Jaws7.jpg

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Chellini's bite mark will heal within a few days - but seems the real lasting scars from Suarez at this World Cup will be worn by the England team.

There was an inevitability that Suarez would regain fitness in time to torment England and allegedly despite being only 75% fit that we would then feel the full impact of his football genius. Secondly if he displayed the disciplinary issues we know he is capable of then any fall out and / or suspension would not benefit us. If he now receives some sort of ban from the rest of the World Cup then his biggest victims were England.

I am not saying that England deserved to progress but with Suarez and Pirlo turning out as the architects of our doom despite anyone with even the slightest awareness of football knowing well in advance who would be the danger men, but we failed to deal with them - and worse still our defence actually made it easier for Suarez. Ho hum.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Fair play to the Italian for not lumping him, I would've.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't get it - how are the British to blame in this scenario? How have we caused this in FIFAs view? It must be out fault somehow, only a matter of hours before the English plot is revealed that provoked Suarez into biting the Italian.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez tried to play down the incident and believes there is a vendetta from certain media towards Suarez.

"I'd like to see the images first before making any comment. If it happened, then the referee probably didn't see it," said Tabarez.

Of course it is!

Gove the guy some food before the match for crying out loud.

a)He is a cannibal
b)He starves easily

I blame the parents!

TNBA

TTF

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
Mike Tyson was slapped with a 15 month ban for taking a chunk out of Evander Holyfields ear.
Surely there should be a similar sanction for Suarez.

Fantastic striker but clearly something wrong in his cannister

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
We definatly need a Suarez biting Smiley on here! MAKE IT HAPPEN MODS!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This looks like autistic behaviour to me which would fit in with him being savant like in terms of his footballing ability.

Maybe, maybe not. My school is full of autistic children and his actions seem to be more of a spoilt brat than anything else. He shows no other signs than having animalistic tendencies.

I'm not qualified, but I think he is just a bad loser.

Having said that, I think most of us appear on the autistic spectrum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unfortunately Suarez is a a street brawler so to him this type of behaviour is the norm.

Unless the authorities actually clamp down on this he will just keep getting away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here