Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks like a certain bite. How STUPID can he actually be ?

One of the most talented footballers on the planet at present, had an absolute stormer against England and now goes and ruins all that yet again by biting someone for the THIRD time. A long-long multi-competition, club and country, ban is needed as well as councilling.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Wonder if any posters will dive in and convict Suarez before seeing the incident?
Just watched it on the BBC website and it does look pretty conclusive to me - Chiellini certainly looks to be sporting a bitemark on his shoulder. Can't pretend I was a huge fan of his beforehand but I reckon if after two previous attempts he has shown that he still hasn't learned anything then just kick him out of professional footballfor at least a year if not for good.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The slow motion appeared to confirm it was a deliberate bite. It might be Uruguayan culture Mr Poyet, but completely indefensible, especially from such a brilliant player but now a serial offender. I hope FIFA will take robust action.

It will be interesting to see if Suarez denies the bite. A bite mark is almost as distinctive as a fingerprint and there are forensic dentists who can verify bite marks on victims and in food items for successful criminal cases.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Referee couldnt do anything about it either. Sure the Italian shown him a bite mark, but since he cant be 100% sure Suarez did it - he couldnt be sent off.

It will be put in the referee's report though, including an allegation that Suarez did it. That coupled with the TV pictures would mean the book being thrown at Mr Suarez

What a waste of talent.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
FIFA will do FA if Suarez offers enough.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Referee couldnt do anything about it either. Sure the Italian shown him a bite mark, but since he cant be 100% sure Suarez did it - he couldnt be sent off.

It will be put in the referee's report though, including an allegation that Suarez did it. That coupled with the TV pictures would mean the book being thrown at Mr Suarez

What a waste of talent.

Agreed - I cannot understand why he does things like this. But do agree that he needs a huge ban like a season. He should then repay Liverpool a years salary.
Won't happen of course. He will hide away in Italy or Spain after engineering a transfer.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The slow motion appeared to confirm it was a deliberate bite. It might be Uruguayan culture Mr Poyet, but completely indefensible, especially from such a brilliant player but now a serial offender. I hope FIFA will take robust action.

It will be interesting to see if Suarez denies the bite. A bite mark is almost as distinctive as a fingerprint and there are forensic dentists who can verify bite marks on victims and in food items for successful criminal cases.

That shouldn't be too much of an ask.

Capture.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here