Storm Warning for South Coast on Monday...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The comparison is a bit silly. the '87 storm had recorded winds in excess of 100 mph both here and northern France. I can't see winds about 70 mph from this. Plus the trees are not in leaf like they were in '87.

You know trees are those big green things outside, right?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It would seem we are all doomed.so I am going to stop what I am doing and spend my time running around in the mode of a headless chicken in total panic.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Seen some interesting comments on weather forums that the low pressure could deepen more than first predicted and batter the Channel islands with some very strong winds. Monday could indeed be very lively on the south coast!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The comparison is a bit silly. the '87 storm had recorded winds in excess of 100 mph both here and northern France. I can't see winds about 70 mph from this. Plus the trees are not in leaf like they were in '87.

Have you seen any trees recently?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He might be making the point that it had rained for weeks in 87 and the ground was incredibly soft, so when the wind blew the trees -being in leaf - went over all too easily. This Summer/autumn has been very dry. Not the same conditions at all.

Sounds the right answer to me

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He might be making the point that it had rained for weeks in 87 and the ground was incredibly soft, so when the wind blew the trees -being in leaf - went over all too easily. This Summer/autumn has been very dry. Not the same conditions at all.

Summer irrelevant, Autumn NOT dry the most important part of which the week leading up to the Storm Has been Very Wet. Trees are MORE in leaf than last 6 years. Could be carnage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports