Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke Tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its very odd. Having looked like it was sold out in block 41, 57 tickets have just appeared. Must be selling in sections or something. :shrug:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
In the Cup, both teams agree on the ticket pricing and the same prices have to apply to both sets of fans for the same level of seat. It seems we are matching Stoke's own pricing for their fans...

As was the case for the Stevenage tie in the previous round, children under the age of 11 can attend the match for just £1.​
Concession rates for supporters under 18 and over 65 also remain the same at £4 for Season Card holders and £5 for non-Season Card holders.​
Meanwhile, adult Season Card holders can gain entry for just £12. Tickets for adult non-Season Card holders are priced at £15.​

But, yes, I thought the same - I don't recall seeing differentiated pricing like that before for an Albion away game.
Reading used to charge less to STH when we played them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone really care whether its 5 points or 10 points or 15 points ? Loyal fans (ie: Season Ticket Holders) are getting a ticket for £12.
Fulham's FA Cup tie that night with Leeds is £45 !!!
All credit to those that are going (not me unfortunately - just too difficult) but who's really that bothered.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Site saying 291 tickets in block 41 now? I thought it is was sold out earlier this is utterly bizarre.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Does anyone really care whether its 5 points or 10 points or 15 points ? Loyal fans (ie: Season Ticket Holders) are getting a ticket for £12.
Fulham's FA Cup tie that night with Leeds is £45 !!!
All credit to those that are going (not me unfortunately - just too difficult) but who's really that bothered.
I take it you don't have any friends in other parts of the country who follow us? Do you not read the ticket threads every week for the sellout where people are gutted they've missed out on getting tickets because they are a few points short?

It's easy to say when you're a Southern based season ticket holder, but when you live up North every little point counts if you want to go to some of the more popular away games. The only way to get up the queue is to collect points at the less glamorous games like this one.

It is possible to think the loyalty scheme is great but could be made fairer. It may only be a minor grumble, but it's a very valid one for those it impacts. The club will do random spot checks to check people are using tickets in their name but won't do them to check people have attended (rather than buying up cheap tickets for point purposes). It's weird.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I take it you don't have any friends in other parts of the country who follow us? Do you not read the ticket threads every week for the sellout where people are gutted they've missed out on getting tickets because they are a few points short?

It's easy to say when you're a Southern based season ticket holder, but when you live up North every little point counts if you want to go to some of the more popular away games. The only way to get up the queue is to collect points at the less glamorous games like this one.

It is possible to think the loyalty scheme is great but could be made fairer. It may only be a minor grumble, but it's a very valid one for those it impacts. The club will do random spot checks to check people are using tickets in their name but won't do them to check people have attended (rather than buying up cheap tickets for point purposes).
I do. And all credit to em. But this is hardly the only opportunity to rack up points. How many of the northern/non Southern games this year have required points ? (United, City, Leicester, Leeds, Everton, Boro, Wolves) have all either gone to general sale or A+ members so plenty of opportunities to build points - to go to Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or Palace further down the line if thats your intention. Hence - not sure why arguing over Stoke being 5 or 10 or 15 makes much of a difference. Its , as you say, a very minor grumble. Some posters have argued that the club aren't rewarding loyalty by making it 5 points or somesuch - really ?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I do. And all credit to em. But this is hardly the only opportunity to rack up points. How many of the northern/non Southern games this year have required points ? (United, City, Leicester, Leeds, Everton, Boro, Wolves) have all either gone to general sale or A+ members so plenty of opportunities to build points - to go to Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or Palace further down the line if thats your intention. Hence - not sure why arguing over Stoke being 5 or 10 or 15 makes much of a difference. Its , as you say, a very minor grumble. Some posters have argued that the club aren't rewarding loyalty by making it 5 points or somesuch - really ?
It's not the only opportunity to rack up points but it definitely is one - 5 points for Middlesbrough away and Stoke away is fundamentally disproportionate - end of story

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's not the only opportunity to rack up points but it definitely is one - 5 points for Middlesbrough away and Stoke away is fundamentally disproportionate - end of story
Based on price of ticket. So if you want 15 points for Stoke and Middlesbrough then you have to accept tickets being at least £30 each.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Site saying 291 tickets in block 41 now? I thought it is was sold out earlier this is utterly bizarre.
They are clearly releasing in sections within blocks. I guess Stoke have asked them to do it this way. Bit odd, but they are the home club so they can call the shots.

I think my original point was just that I never check what points are being given out, just what day my current points allow me to purchase.
I’m sure the low points is more to do with the cheap ticket price than the effort required to attend.
Having been one of those who turned up at Bournemouth a few years ago, I understand why the club are nervous to incentivise harvesting, though I’m sure some will still do it.
Okay that is fair enough, either war, I’m
Looking forward to a unique midweek away trip and hopefully progression in the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here