Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I took a similar clip just before the game as I couldn't believe how little support they had. (Especially to see a big club like Brighton ;)) Amazing to think that their main stand had been kept empty so for the TV it looked like lots of people were there. I reckon they must have sold less than 50% of the tickets available to the home support.
It does make me wonder if there is an "implosion" coming at Stoke. They're not getting the support and they're not setting the Championship on fire. If they went down to Division 1, could see a major re-think there as overheads for a stadium like that would outweigh attendance income and the downward spiral begins........
In fairness, the populated stands did fill in considerably at kick off.
at 14:50 it looked like we had sold more tickets than them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Re their attendance.
I tried to find a similar game for us and in 2015 we'd just sacked Hypia and Chris had taken over. We were very close to the bottom of the Championship and fighting to stay up. 4th round saw the visit of Arsenal.
We had a full house.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Who was the guy in the Stoke city box who the fans were suggesting had a wife on only fans? Someone famous I assume?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Re their attendance.
I tried to find a similar game for us and in 2015 we'd just sacked Hypia and Chris had taken over. We were very close to the bottom of the Championship and fighting to stay up. 4th round saw the visit of Arsenal.
We had a full house.
Yeah but welcoming Arsenal to our new stadium was a much bigger deal for us than Stoke welcoming the same small club that they welcomed last year.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yeah but welcoming Arsenal to our new stadium was a much bigger deal for us than Stoke welcoming the same small club that they welcomed last year.
I get your point, but tickets at Stoke were a £1 for a child. Transport to the ground is very easy so why not pop along for an afternoon. It was never going to be 0:0 after all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Re their attendance.
We had a full house.
We are in a cost of living post covid crisis world though. Football is a privileged bubble for the players, and increasingly, segments of society. Regardless of cheaper cup games. We’ve just been through Xmas too. Why are people thinking 17k is a poor turnout?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I get your point, but tickets at Stoke were a £1 for a child. Transport to the ground is very easy so why not pop along for an afternoon. It was never going to be 0:0 after all.
Because presumably the child has to have a paying adult. The child will want chips, sweets, hot dogs, merchandise etc. Petrol, siblings…and many parents will be ski t post affording as much as they can give for Xmas.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder where we'll be on the MOTD running order - surely a 6 goal thriller must be one of the top games?
I think we were on after the 'interesting' games? I thought they'd only show the goals, but we got a bit of analysis as well. (Not sure if they did it for all the other games as I switched off after us).

And if I were a Stoke fan I'd be spitting feathers at the 'big club MoTD bias'. They only interviewed RDZ, and all the analysis was on us, our players, and how good we were. They did say Stoke 'gave it a go' and that was about the only mention they got.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
After the Spurs game someone asked when our last 4-2 win was, and it seemed like ages ago. And now we have had two in three games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Of course it will - I’ve supported him all along and have constantly said the same thing but it is ridiculous that he is not even getting the service to give him an opportunity to score. Ferguson was lauded as a ‘Star striker ‘ last season so the epithet isn’t misplaced imo - he is still a star striker and although he hasn’t found his form this season, there’s more to it.

Pedro gets a lion share of the service - Ferguson seems to be having far has less this season - I would say that is a weakness in our central midfield as much as anything.
Think his holdup play has suffered, a bit slower and can't hold the ball, just bounces off him. That said it he would be better if we played the wings more and got the ball to him in the box as he can be deadly. We need to play to his strengths .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here