Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We’re unbeaten against all of the bottom ten this season winning 5 (Luton, wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth, Forest )
And drawing 5 (palace, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Everton, Fulham)
That's very impressive. We seem to have gone from predictably bad (last knockings of CH), to unpredictable (Potter), to predictably good. I like that a lot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wonder where we'll be on the MOTD running order - surely a 6 goal thriller must be one of the top games?
Top side smashed by a minnow? We have to be first up.

Sorry, all that talk about no VAR had me thinking it was still 1973 :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No more injuries was more important than goal difference today.
As was no bloody replay to disrupt the 16-day break before the next game. Good result but very patchy and disjointed first half rescued by our new South American striker. Much better second half, presumably another HT series of rockets fired by Roberto :laugh: WBG probably MOTM for me.

Traffic was bliss today, not a single queue up or back apart from leaving the car park and getting away from that place.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Really enjoyed that today, good atmosphere from our lot and a good game in the end. My feet were bloody freezing though!

Penalty looked like it probably would've been overturned in the PL from what I saw and a bit harsh. Despite the slow start, never felt worried that we wouldn't win, 4-2 flattered them a bit by the end.

Hinshelwood very good today, as was Welbz when he came on, though he should've scored that 1 on 1. Estupinan and Joao Pedro absolutely superb but MotM again for me: Sir Pascal Gross. What an icon.
I was close to the front in line with Welbeck when he missed that one on one. He went mad at the lino for not flagging offside when he had missed, which I thought was amusing.

Ferguson won the corner we scored the second goal from.

Surely VaR would overturn the pen.

We REALLY miss wingers. Spurs flattered us with brainless defending. Today we wore Stoke down. I can’t wait until we get wingers back.

Pervis back is huge for us and I am sure Mitoma will be thrilled about it when he returns. The overlapping is great.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Loved JPVH interaction with the fans at the end of the game, and he enjoyed it to. What a player he is
Loved his assist too - in my mind the pass transitioned into the celebratory knee slide without a pause, which if true is doubly impressive!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Proper football ground, unlike that taxpayer funded athletics stadium on Tuesday, it’s a shame the locals couldn’t be bothered, had they filled the place then you never know as we struggled a bit 1st half. I enjoyed today a lot. Ferguson really needs a goal though. He doesn’t look fully fit IMO.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Proper football ground, unlike that taxpayer funded athletics stadium on Tuesday, it’s a shame the locals couldn’t be bothered, had they filled the place then you never know as we struggled a bit 1st half. I enjoyed today a lot. Ferguson really needs a goal though. He doesn’t look fully fit IMO.
Indeed. Whether it be not totally fit and/or a lack of confidence Fergie's form is a worry. In particular his hold up play seems to be suffering whether it be being out muscled or a poor first touch. Thankfully he does still seem to have the neat almost ' passed in ' shot in his locker.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up, good result and will watch replay on Paramount later.
Nice to gift them a goal to flatter their scoreline.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Only question RDZ needs to ask is, can we do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke (or a wet afternoon anyway)?

Should get this done. Won't be easy but u think that they'll play out of their skins for 70-75 mins and then we'll assert ourselves into a comfortable win.

Going to print this off and show it to the Mrs to prove I can possibly, occasionally and sometimes be not quite as wrong as she thinks.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
The home support was weird. So empty. Are we not a draw or are they apathetic? This was 5 minutes before kick off.

I took a similar clip just before the game as I couldn't believe how little support they had. (Especially to see a big club like Brighton ;)) Amazing to think that their main stand had been kept empty so for the TV it looked like lots of people were there. I reckon they must have sold less than 50% of the tickets available to the home support.
It does make me wonder if there is an "implosion" coming at Stoke. They're not getting the support and they're not setting the Championship on fire. If they went down to Division 1, could see a major re-think there as overheads for a stadium like that would outweigh attendance income and the downward spiral begins........

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just going through Tamworth and the weather is glorious.
Never seen the words Tamworth and Glorious in the same sentence before,what strange times we are living.
Trying to work out why you're in Tamworth. Regardless, there is a great pub there called the Market Vaults and next time you are in the area check it out. Owned by Joules Brewery.
There's a micro pub nearby as well once you've tried all the ales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here