Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've been saying it for weeks now but we really look well placed for the rest of the season.
Hinsh looking incredible. Pervis back. Moder getting game time. JP in GREAT form. Players coming back all the time. Webster looking fit. Welbeck looking fit. Barco and maybe one other and we could do something really special.
Imagine if we got a fully fit Enciso, Fati and Adingra back as well (y)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
View from the home end. Numbers looked great but quiet first half, much louder 2nd. Delilah is the biggest pile of 💩 I’ve heard in my life!

Attachments

• A1A66D84-511F-49B4-8A90-B00D2ACCF41D.jpeg
    A1A66D84-511F-49B4-8A90-B00D2ACCF41D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 153

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think his form is quite that bad. Indeed, Welbeck came on and missed a one on one late on. I still think Fergie is the better finisher.

Today is not about Fergie. With no Mitoma, Adringa, March there was no width first half and not a lot of service.
Welbeck took a shot (justifiably) when a square pass would have given Ferguson a tap-in.
Ferguson came short to give Jao Pedro the space for the fourth goal.

The first would have put him on the score sheet. The second helped put the game to bed.

It’s not a simple game

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Second half was much better, but took that Pervis stunner in the first half to get us going.
Pervis and Jack were very good, with Pedro having a great second half.
Maybe three at the back with two wing backs is the way forward until Adringa and Mitoma get back.
Felt a bit sorry for Moser out wide, but glad he got some time on the pitch. Shame he couldn't take his chance.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sensible post. I feel for Ferguson this season the service he's frequently had has been shit. Compared to last season where we were a much better team, he had great service and so looked a lot better.
Thanks.

I think my posts were taken as attacking the lad by some and ignoring his slump by others - I wasn’t suggesting Ferguson is ‘ridiculous’ but the situation - I recognise he’s in a slump but It is being made worse by our loss of MacAllister and Caceido imo and recently our loss of Adingra and Mitoma - it is not just Ferguson that has struggled to get service in some of our matches recently - There’s no doubt he needs to play much better though - He has also struggled with back injury this season which hasn’t helped. After being touted as one of the hottest teenage strikers in Europe last season, it must knock his confidence a bit too not being able to get on the score sheet in some high scoring games. I think once he gets his mojo back, there’ll be no stopping him.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He stood still while the Stoke player moved past him to intercept the ball
Having seen it again, I'm sticking with it being Dunk's fault. The Stoke player anticipated it and was on the move, and by the time Dunk played the ball, Pedro had no chance.

It's a mistake we make every single game, De Zerbi needs to find an alternative to the long ball down the middle to Pedro.

Really poor first half by our high standards - better second. Could have.. sorry could have been 6 or 7. Job well done. Absolutely huge credit to the huge away support - 3.5k ish I believe - could hear you all game and you deserved those 3 goals in front of you for your travel and effort.

Onto round 4 and can watch the other games nice and chilled - and now a 2 week and 2 day break to get some players back and a well earned rest.
Yes, 1st half we were slow and ponderous, felt like we thought we only had to turn up and win. I'm sure Roberto had strong words half time and we showed our class 2nd half.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Having seen it again, I'm sticking with it being Dunk's fault. The Stoke player anticipated it and was on the move, and by the time Dunk played the ball, Pedro had no chance.

It's a mistake we make every single game, De Zerbi needs to find an alternative to the long ball down the middle to Pedro.
That ball only works to Welbz.
Otherwise it's a waste of time.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really enjoyed that today, good atmosphere from our lot and a good game in the end. My feet were bloody freezing though!

Penalty looked like it probably would've been overturned in the PL from what I saw and a bit harsh. Despite the slow start, never felt worried that we wouldn't win, 4-2 flattered them a bit by the end.

Hinshelwood very good today, as was Welbz when he came on, though he should've scored that 1 on 1. Estupinan and Joao Pedro absolutely superb but MotM again for me: Sir Pascal Gross. What an icon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Buck Barn Crossing McDonald's @ 20:54 - winner (of sorts!)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pedro gets a lion share of the service - Ferguson seems to be having far has less this season - I would say that is a weakness in our central midfield as much as ananything.
Ferguson looked half a yard off again and again today. He would have latched on to some of those passes earlier in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here