Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really. He cost us 2 points and many more during the season but you numptys carry on defending the defensible.

What did you think of his penalty save at HT against Birmingham or his point blank save at HT against Derby, both saves kept the game level and meant we went in at HT with confidence, or do these actions not fit in with your agenda?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Stockdale was brilliant apart from one mistake.

Every player out there made at least one mistake today, it's just unfourunante then when a keeper makes a mistake, it's costly. However, he fared no worse than PIG who let a shot go straight through him minutes earlier.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should have been 2 down at half time.
Wolves should have won the game in injury time.

Be honest, hands up who thought, after Tommy K's error, 'Stockdale will gift Wolves one, as well'. :wave:
Still a MoM performance.

Oh and after Bruno's audacious back heel I thought 'he'll be sent off later'.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stockdale was brilliant apart from one mistake.

Every player out there made at least one mistake today, it's just unfourunante then when a keeper makes a mistake, it's costly. However, he fared no worse than PIG who let a shot go straight through him minutes earlier.
Stockdale dug us out of a massive hole when Dunk fell over and then attempted to pick the ball up, but I guess it's easy for the ignorant to overlook that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What did you think of his penalty save at HT against Birmingham or his point blank save at HT against Derby, both saves kept the game level and meant we went in at HT with confidence, or do these actions not fit in with your agenda?
The pregame highlights reminded me of a couple of quality point saving saves up there, too.

Wolves will be rueing 4 points dropped specifically due to DS.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He had another excellent chance in the first 20 minutes too, never any danger of him scoring, also had a chance in the second half but instead of curling it towards the back stick he lumped it high and wide.

I was in line with him and the goal and he had absolutely none of the goal to be able to hit because of the defender in the way, which is why he tried to curl it around him.

The way some sound, its as if he is in open space every time with time to pick a spot and then he fails to hit the target.

I've lost count how many hopeless balls played out wide that he has chased down and tunred into something (or at least made the effort to) but he never seems to get anything played to his feet when he isn't already sprinting, making it harder to control.

How would COG look if all the service towards the front was hit miles away from him and he had to try to chase everything down when the defender is always favourite?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really. He cost us 2 points and many more during the season but you numptys carry on defending the defensible.

So what about the saves in the first half or the superb save at the end of the second.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I wonder how many of the people criticizing Stockdale were still in the ground to see what was quite frankly a world class save in the last minute.

Exactly this, I don't think many championship keepers would've even got close to saving that. He made one mistake all game and was perfect throughout the rest. Some people just love to hate Stockdale, I don't understand it at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should have been 2-0 up inside the first 20.
Probably more than that if we include ALL mistakes made by ALL Albion players.

It's a real shame, clearly we play better as a team with CMS, but he just can't ice the cake.

Had Bloom gone for Hughton after Gus (was he even out of work then?) the narrative could be different.

As it is I guess the hope now is the 'big summer signing' is in the mould of CMS but with a clinical edge.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think he's a decent championship goalkeeper, but if we want to progress we might need someone a bit more consistent.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was in line with him and the goal and he had absolutely none of the goal to be able to hit because of the defender in the way, which is why he tried to curl it around him.

The way some sound, its as if he is in open space every time with time to pick a spot and then he fails to hit the target.

I've lost count how many hopeless balls played out wide that he has chased down and tunred into something (or at least made the effort to) but he never seems to get anything played to his feet when he isn't already sprinting, making it harder to control.

How would COG look if all the service towards the front was hit miles away from him and he had to try to chase everything down when the defender is always favourite?
That's all well and good, but he's here to score goals, something he doesn't achieve on a very regular occurrence. Today he had 3 chances, he placed a header into the keepers hands, dragged one wide and curled one hopelessly wide, not once did he threaten the keeper. He simply isn't good enough :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from the one mistake where he was in the wrong starting position he was outstanding, even then it looked like a mis hit cross. He made several great saves including the one In the last minute.

Quite. People see what they want to see. OK, the goal looked horribly avoidable, but he kept us in the game three or four times.

He also made it very clear he made two or three great saves.
Yeh - poor old Chris had to say the same thing after the Reading game a few days ago as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here