[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
36 points isn't enough to have a stress free final 3 games along with lots of wet sheets and bitten nails.

It is enough to stay up though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I do fancy Villa to get a win at at very limp Everton, so things will be kept interesting for a while yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
36 points isn't enough to have a stress free final 3 games along with lots of wet sheets and bitten nails.

It is enough to stay up though.

Down from 200/1 to 150/1 now. Not tempted though :smile:

I have accepted that we are Brighton and it’s unlikely to be comfortable

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Forget about Villa and Bournemouth for a minute.

West Ham play Watford on Friday. They can’t both win.

West Ham then go to Man United, while Watford host Man City. Unlikely either will get anything.

That would leave at least one of Watford and West Ham below us going into the final day even if we don’t take another point.

West Ham play Villa, so assuming Villa haven’t overtaken us, it’s possible they will both be below us. They can’t both win. Watford go to Arsenal, which is anyone’s guess.

I can’t see a scenario where all teams pick up enough points to overtake us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I do fancy Villa to get a win at at very limp Everton, so things will be kept interesting for a while yet.

If you consider Everton to be limp then Villa have been positively flaccid with 1 win in 11 games.

Everton have only lost to Wolves and Spurs since the restart picking up wins over Norwich and Leicester and draws against Southampton and Liverpool. Everton are very good at home and Villa are awful away from home. The most Villa can hope for is a draw I reckon.

Think people need a bit of context, yes we were shite against City but we more than matched Liverpool a few days earlier for large portions of the game. Had we come away with a narrow defeat against City then we wouldn’t be having these conversations. It’s going to take an exceptional set of results AND us not picking up anymore points to see us relegated. I doubt Bournemouth and Villa fans are talking about catching us, they’ll have their sights on West Ham and Watford.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A team that considers us as "rivals" who beat us at home 2:0, A side who could rough the players off the pitch in Burnley, or players trying to impress in case this buyout does go through and dont get sold.

3 average sides with nothing to play for who we outplayed in the reverse fixtures. As I say, nothing to worry about - 5 points minimum from those games.

Villa and Bournemouth won’t pick up enough points anyway. Calm down.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Even if we get 0 points from the last 3 games we are safe. Safe as houses, enjoy the last 3 games before the window...potters first having considered his squad for a year

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I'm glad that Everton got beaten today. Ancelotti isn't happy with them saying their attitude was unacceptable. I'd hope that there is a reaction for their game v Villa.
Watford have a tricky run in starting with a resurgent West Ham.
We have a couple of days more recovery time before Thursday than Southampton. Hopefully it's a good physical game tomorrow night.

And now, just to compound Bournemouth's misery, Ake looks injured.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Worst possible round of results there could be.

Albion TONKED

West Ham WIN
Watford WIN
Villa WIN

Time for a booze, and a large one at that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We could actually be safe (baring MASSIVE GD swing) even before we next play.

If Plucky lose tonight and away at City on Wednesday, they can't catch us.

Then as Villa kick off at 6 away at Everton on Thursday they will have finished before we kick off at Southampton. If Villa lose that one, they can only equal our current points.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Probably safe, but we have screwed up better positions before now.

Could be a long winter....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would be Typical for Brighton to feck it up and go down

Probably safe, but we have screwed up better positions before now.

Could be a long winter....

Would it be typical and have we arsed up from a similar position? I don't think I can remember a season where we were got relegated from a position such as this with only 3 games to play. Don't forget the added safety net of having another two teams 2 points behind who have to play each other as well as City and Utd in 2 of their final 3 games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Worst possible round of results there could be.

Albion TONKED

West Ham WIN
Watford WIN
Villa WIN

Time for a booze, and a large one at that.

Not possible with West Ham and Watford playing each other!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ifs that Bmuff who just scored twice in a min to take lead in 2nd half against Bmuff. And a Leic player sent off.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t believe what’s happened at Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports