Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With Villa winning I'd be feeling more nervous if I was a Watford fan.
They probably were feeling reasonably confident after beating Newcastle yesterday.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
We only need one win from three relatively easy games, just like when we should have gone up to the Prem as champions. What could possibly go wrong?

I think we'll stay up, btw!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're not safe, we also on the beaches and so I can't see us getting another point!

I see people mentioning that we have 3 easy fixtures.. Southampton and Burnley away are most definitely not easy games!

1. I don't think we're on the beach. We just played 2 of the best sides the top flight has ever seen, and a ManUtd as good as they've been in nearly a decade - all in 12 days. I don't know how you prepare then prepare again for a run like that.

2. Who has said we have 3 easy fixtures? :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We can be safe (well apart from being caught on goal difference) before we kick another ball. Bournemouth need to pick up at least 3 points from Leicester and Man City or they can't catch us. 2 draws sees them only being able to catch us on goal difference, any less and they cannot catch us at all. Villa lose to Everton and they can only catch us on goal difference as well.

If anyone is really worried we are going down, stick a few quid on it at the bookies and you'll have the money for mother of all piss ups to take away the pain of relegation.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We're not safe, we also on the beaches and so I can't see us getting another point!

I see people mentioning that we have 3 easy fixtures.. Southampton and Burnley away are most definitely not easy games!

We're not on the beach, we played Man City, took a pasting and fans heads have dropped. The team that played the second half against Liverpool was certainly not on the beach. They're not easy games, but from the corresponding three fixtures in 2017/18 and 2018/19 we took five and two points respectively. They're not as hard as our last two games (2017/18 - 0 points, 2018/19 - 0 points, 2019/20 - 0 points). Our average of 3.5 points from these fixtures would almost certainly be enough.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
1. I don't think we're on the beach. We just played 2 of the best sides the top flight has ever seen, and a ManUtd as good as they've been in nearly a decade - all in 12 days. I don't know how you prepare then prepare again for a run like that.

2. Who has said we have 3 easy fixtures? :shrug:

I think he is confusing winnable with easy. 2 massively different concepts. That said if leicester beat bournemouth this evening then by the time we kick off on thursday we could be much nearer to knowing our fate as bournemouth and villa both play before us

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Were safe.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We only need one win from three relatively easy games, just like when we should have gone up to the Prem as champions. What could possibly go wrong?

I think we'll stay up, btw!

We actually managed a point from those three games. That would probably be enough this time. My hope is that we get points to go clear of trouble and Villa do enough to go down to the wire against West Ham. Needing a win to survive, Villa hold things very tight and in the last minute, Grealish scores from distance to send the Villa fans into dreamland.

Then VAR disallows it. Final whistle.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We actually managed a point from those three games. That would probably be enough this time. My hope is that we get points to go clear of trouble and Villa do enough to go down to the wire against West Ham. Needing a win to survive, Villa hold things very tight and in the last minute, Grealish scores from distance to send the Villa fans into dreamland.

Then VAR disallows it. Final whistle.

That's a very precise fantasy.

But fairplay, it would be a fitting end to the season.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
It's in our own hands and we have shown we are capable of going to Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Leicester and getting a point. Can't see why we won't do the same against Stains and the Dingles. And Newcastle at home is a very different prospect from playing the Manchester clubs and Liverpool.
If B'muff don't win tonight, no way are they taking 8/9 points from their last three games which include a trip to City. Palace have been complete gash since the restart so wasn't surprised Villa beat them but one way it another, we're staying up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here