Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
True sometimes it happens and both could do it but Bournemouth have got to go away to city yet so 1 point with goal difference would most likely be enough to keep them below us even if they win the other 3.
Villa just don’t seem 7 points out of the next 9 for them and again 1 point would need them winning all 3.

Arsenal can be utter utter toilet, Everton showed they don't give a shit earlier, Burnley can both be utter toilet, then be amazing. Villa could beat them, then they could beat us.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
So if we pick up 0 points from our last 3 games, given we’ve just shipped 8 goals...

Where does that leave the calculations? As things stand West Ham and Watford are just 2pts behind us. I don’t get why everyone is so relaxed?

Villa have to play Everton, Arsenal and West Ham.

Bournemouth have to play Leicester, Man City, Southampton and Everton

Watford have to play West Ham, Man City and Arsenal..

Edit: West Ham have to play Watford, Man Utd and Villa

Don't panic.....Don't panic.....:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
VILLA
Everton A
Arsenal H
West Ham A

BOURNEMOUTH
Leicester H
Man City A
Southampton H
Everton A

WATFORD
West Ham A
Man City H
Arsenal A

WEST HAM
Watford H
Man Utd A
Villa H

BRIGHTON
Southampton A
Newcastle H
Burnley A

I think we are safe, too many teams need a lot to go right, and for us to lose all our games for that to happen. Nothing in football is impossible I guess. A point at Southampton would do very nicely thank you.

If Watford fail to win away at West Ham, can't see them getting 36 points. Nothing less than a home win for Bournemouth today or their race catching us is done. Villa would need to win 2 and draw 1 of their last 3 to finish ahead of us. It's all very unlikely.

What you should be adding is:

PALACE
Man Utd H
Wolves A
Spurs H

2 wins of our last 3 and we may well finish above them.:whistle:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t fancy ever relying on Everton or Arsenal, can definitely see Villa capable of getting something from those games.

Saints and Burnley will be a tricky game for us. So our most realistic opportunity for 3pts will be Newcastle. This place will be interesting if we get nothing from that game.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Watford, Villa, and West Ham can’t all pick up maximum points, our goal difference is still better than everyone else, Palace are the worst team any of them have to play, they don’t play anyone else after today.
Arsenal still have to play Villa and Watford and they want to finish as high as possible.
We will pick up at least one point in our last 3 games.

Now, stop bed wetting.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Villa's away record is as poor as Everton's home record is good. People are only thinking that they can take seven points from nine because the other teams will have nothing to play for. Actually, if Villa continue to win games, West Ham do have something to play for. Even if they beat Watford, they would have to also beat Man Utd in order to go into the last game mathematically safe. And then there's Watford. If they lose to West Ham, they will have to beat either Man City or Arsenal to overtake us. If they beat West Ham, then West Ham would have to beat United to ensure that the final game against Villa is not a direct shoot out to avoid the last relegation spot.

This also assumes we lose five straight games, which we haven't done all season. One draw and Villa have to win all three. By the way, the three teams that we have to play also have nothing to play for. Mainly, let's just have some confidence that our lot are good enough to get the little they need from the last three.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Villa's away record is as poor as Everton's home record is good. People are only thinking that they can take seven points from nine because the other teams will have nothing to play for. Actually, if Villa continue to win games, West Ham do have something to play for. Even if they beat Watford, they would have to also beat Man Utd in order to go into the last game mathematically safe. And then there's Watford. If they lose to West Ham, they will have to beat either Man City or Arsenal to overtake us. If they beat West Ham, then West Ham would have to beat United to ensure that the final game against Villa is not a direct shoot out to avoid the last relegation spot.

This also assumes we lose five straight games, which we haven't done all season. One draw and Villa have to win all three. By the way, the three teams that we have to play also have nothing to play for. Mainly, let's just have some confidence that our lot are good enough to get the little they need from the last three.

Brilliant analysis, I'm off....

LcKkRaq7i.png :thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

This is a bit more reassuring [emoji28]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Sums things up perfectly, nice!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t fancy ever relying on Everton or Arsenal, can definitely see Villa capable of getting something from those games.

Saints and Burnley will be a tricky game for us. So our most realistic opportunity for 3pts will be Newcastle. This place will be interesting if we get nothing from that game.

Do you really , honestly think that Aston Villa , who have lost 10 out of their last 11, are going to suddenly win 3 straight games, just because they have beaten an absolutely dire Palace team who couldn’t have scored if they’d still been playing tomorrow.
Palace didn’t look at all bothered , they have now lost 5 straight, and you think only beating them 2-0 Villa will beat Arsenal West Ham and Everton.

Honestly?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
usually in most seasons 2 teams go on massive runs for the last couple of games. Cardiff being dead before almost catching us last season.

Sorry what's your point?

Sounds like your saying we're safe to me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I can see a flaw.
This is all true, until Bournemouth beat Leicester, tonight.:lolol::lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
7 points from;
Arsenal, Leicester, Man Utd, Norwich, Liverpool and City.

Possibly 0 points needed from last three games, possibly a point.
I’d have settled for that at the start of the re-start.

Not sure I’d want Watford’s last three games.

Can we go down? Yes, but unlikely.
At this stage I’m very grateful for the last minute winner v Arsenal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here